• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 OEM Rubber Bungee on Dinette table purpose?

Albin's "power cruisers"
OldDemps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA.

A25 OEM Rubber Bungee on Dinette table purpose?

Post by OldDemps »

What's the purpose of the OEM Rubber Bungee on the A25 Dinette table shown in my photos?

I'm stumped.....

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Currently boatless
Prior owner of
SKOL -1975 Albin 25 #2240
JOKA -2006 Albin 28TE Flush Deck
JOKA - 2000 Albin 28TE Gatsby Ed.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: A25 OEM Rubber Bungee on Dinette table purpose?

Post by WillieC »

Anti-rattle? Maybe only the WillieC has the shakes. That is a nice custom bungee. Throw it away and then you'll find out what it was for.
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

The bungee is used to hold the table against the bulkhead when it is stowed in the head. My bungee perished and installed a toggle latch to replace it.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

What does the bungee bunge to? Ours has a nasty habit of jumping out of its holder in the head (I'm a very good driver) so I contrived a long bungee to hold everything in place. Most of the time the bed is made up so no issue. Mr. K, if you could post a picture, that would be much appreciated.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

Haven't used our dinette table in years; too cumbersome. We've no need for a table in the fore-cabin, and in the cockpit it blocks entry to the aft cabin where we stow lots of stuff.
a 5-day ice chest positioned immediately aft of the motor box serves nicely as our dinning table.
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

Below are pictures of original setup and minor modification to improve the stowage.

When I took ownership of the boat a shock cord extended from the bungee to a hook on the bulkhead above. A cleat on the floor held the lower portion of the table against the bulkhead.
Original Installation.jpg
Original Installation
lower block.jpg
Existing Lower Cleat left in place

I fabricated a cleat and toggle for the upper portion of the table and this holds everything securely in place. A small clearance gap is left between the cleat and the table edge so the table can be tilted out without jambing.
upper toggle.jpg
New Upper Cleat and Toggle
New Installation.jpg
New Installation

A friction catch on the table leg keeps it folded in place. It all took less than an hour to do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I removed that whole table leg & only use the board to make the settees into a V berth. Tried using it as a dining table in the front cabin as intended from the factory, with a dowel inserted into a socket in front, but was too wobbly & hard to get past for my taste. It used to have a friction catch that got bent & quit working. Still keep it stowed on the front wall of the head compartment. It never had a bungee like what's being discussed here. We have another piece of varnished plywood that covers the opening where a fridge would go on the port side cockpit wall next to the cabin door & that doubles as a dining table attached the aft cabin door with a single pipe leg in front.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

Isn't that particular bungee used to hold the leg up when the table functions as the insert in the V berth?
ppaalo
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Siuntio

Post by ppaalo »

Thanks for the pictures, that explains why our table would not work when I tried it, it does not have this folding leg at all, only the socket on the other end for some kind of stick for support which of course is way too wobbly even if secured somehow.
1970 Albin 25, no. 465 "Skumpan"

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”