• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Topside paint job complete

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Topside paint job complete

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Do you have a part number for the weatherstripping? I need to most likely replace my rear window weatherstripping, the front appears to be much newer. However both windows need replacement. I assume it’s 1/4” plexi?
Here's Kerrye's original thread on the subject including source & part number. I have about 13 ft remaining from the leftovers I bought from Kerrye, but WillieC already called 'dibs' on that unless he was kidding. That's enough to do either the front or back window but not both. It might be difficult to re-use existing weather stripping if replacing that front window. Yes it is 1/4" plexi & the f/g opening is 3/16". Someday I may have to do the weather stripping on various glass side windows, but for now they're OK.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8952
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

Thanks for the info. If WillieC is just kidding I will buy it from you. But of course he is first in line. I need to find a supplier locally for the tinted plexi. It’s not fun living in such a remote area. I think I’ll be online ordering it most likely.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

DA, let Dieselram have it. Sure I'll need to do that project one day, but they are not leaking and I have enough to keep me busy for a while. Right now watching baby grass grow. (The yard went to pot last year while we were cruising. Well, not pot, which might not be a bad idea, but you get the picture.)
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

The yard went to pot last year while we were cruising.
Well, it could go to pot. You are in Washington state after all. Save some for us. :lol:
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I will buy it from you.
I'll get back with you on that next week. I'll sell for the per foot price I paid Kerry plus postage/shipping which was +/- $20.

We were up in Maine with our camp trailer in 2017 visiting an aunt & cousin in Bar Harbor & Hampden respectively before driving down to Rhode Island & points south. Nice area in summer. Got a good chuckle when we saw this car belonging to the "Bah Hahbah Hahbah Mastah" parked on the main drag in Bar Harbor,
20170905_144035.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Dieselram94 »

WillieC wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:24 am DA, let Dieselram have it. Sure I'll need to do that project one day, but they are not leaking and I have enough to keep me busy for a while. Right now watching baby grass grow. (The yard went to pot last year while we were cruising. Well, not pot, which might not be a bad idea, but you get the picture.)
I appreciate that, good luck with your grass. I just finished mowing mine for the first time this season, worst part was constantly swatting the black flies! Lol
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Dieselram94 »

DesertAlbin736 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:43 am
I will buy it from you.
I'll get back with you on that next week. I'll sell for the per foot price I paid Kerry plus postage/shipping which was +/- $20.

We were up in Maine with our camp trailer in 2017 visiting an aunt & cousin in Bar Harbor & Hampden respectively before driving down to Rhode Island & points south. Nice area in summer. Got a good chuckle when we saw this car belonging to the "Bah Hahbah Hahbah Mastah" parked on the main drag in Bar Harbor,

20170905_144035.jpg
I’m in mid coast area. Waldoboro to be exact, it’s about 20 mins south of Rockland on route 1. It’s great in the summer but the winters can really get old quick! I think I was out plowing last winter more than I was home.

Please just let me know how much to send you for the weather stripping. I can send PayPal if you like or a check in the mail. Thanks!
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Im in the process of doing them too. Maybe we should split a 50 ft roll. C.R. LAURENCE AS1456 (~$100) Is the stripping and the lock is C.R. LAURENCE AS789 ($26). Amazon

viewtopic.php?t=8952

Ulf
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”