• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Summer Cruising in San Juans and Gulf Islands

Albin's "power cruisers"
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Summer Cruising in San Juans and Gulf Islands

Post by coolchange »

Coolchange,

A bit off topic, but do you have any cruise plans for this summer? We're doing the San Juans & Gulf Islands, late June through early to mid August, and will be passing through Portland & Eugene on the road trip home. Here's an idea: the BC Albineers are holding a rendezvous in Ladysmith on the weekend of July 11th & 12th. Blaine harbor has free long term truck/trailer parking at the ramp. That's a 300 mile day's drive for you.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
I thought I would move this to here (from a discussion on stuffing box lids) as some others might want to chime in on where they will be cruising the Pacific Northwest.

My answer to Desert Albin then is: I am launching from Olympia on the 12 of June and "messing around for awhile till I meet my wife in Sydney BC on the 25th and cruising the South Gulf Islands till she goes home from Friday Harbor on July 6th and I wander on back to OLY. THEN in Sept will leave Oly on Albin 36 for a trip to Braughtons for 5-6 weeks. Poor me!

Nice to hear about the parking in Blaine...also Port Townsend has an annual pass for $100 that allows unlimited all year..
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Summer Cruising in San Juans and Gulf Islands

Post by WillieC »

BORING! NOT!
We have been all over the southern portion of your planned travels. You will have a great time. The Broughtons seems a bit of a stretch for us, but last year there was an A25 that motored all the way down from Alaska to at least Ladysmith, then turned around and went back. Unfortunately, our paths did not cross. What a trip! Maybe we can catch you when you are in the south sound.
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

We are having a busy summer with grandchildren, children and friends visiting but plan to make the effort to attend the BC Albineer's Rendezvous in Ladysmith July 12-14.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

We will be launching from Blaine some time around June 18th-20th depending on how long we take on the road trip driving up from AZ after we leave home around the 14th, usually 4 to 5 days at our usual leisurely pace up through Utah, Idaho, & a slice of NE Oregon on I-84 & I-90 on through Yakima & Kennewick. If you're in the southern Gulf Islands between the 25th & July 6th consider returning to Sidney on July 1 for the Canada Day festivities. We'll likely get a slip on Port Sidney Marina where all the action is if there's room. Try hailing us on VHF 16 now & then & consider a later meet up in Montague Harbour & the bus ride to Hummingbird Inn Pub before you go back down to Friday Harbor. Wouldn't mind crossing back to the San Juans & Fishermans Bay on Lopez for July 4th but that would mean a 2nd crossing back to Canada if we want to spend most of July in the Gulf Islands. We'll be heading back home probably before the end of August. I would have been up for the Broughtons, but the Admiral doesn't want to do long runs like we did last year.
20190505_121641_resized.jpg
20160701_140214.jpg
20160701_162100 (1280x720).jpg
20160701_115110.jpg
DSCN1617.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”