• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

48 Qt 12 V Refrigerator / cooler installation on Albin 25

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

48 Qt 12 V Refrigerator / cooler installation on Albin 25

Post by tribologist »

Hi,

I picked up one of the Auransvik 48qt fridges on Amazon ($369) Had it powered on now for a week and it is running off a battery bank that is maintained with a 2 Amp maintenance charger and it seems to hold voltage. It pull about 4A when running and it runs maybe 30% during the hottest parts of the day.

I will share some pictures when I am done but here is how I intend to mount it using two side brackets and heavy duty drawer slides from mcmaster. It is done in Onshape so the model is available for anyone for free.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/83b5a ... 909e914c76
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: 48 Qt 12 V Refrigerator / cooler installation on Albin 25

Post by kerrye »

There’s a thread on here where ??? Did that and I copied him. With pictures
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Lol! 200 posts on it! I need to look through that to see how others solved it. The cad tool I used is Onshape. Its free for personal use and is 100% web based. You can even use it on the phone. I will make detail drawings and uppdate the model in case someone else like to replicate it.

Anyway, i got it nearly finished. I started at 12 am and been at it pretty much the whole day. I did some changes on the fly that i will update the cad model with the changes once im finished. I ended up with 2-1/2 by 3/4 wood, added shear member between the brackets, added stiffners on the back etc.

Im very happy with the results so far but im going to cut the brackets and let the front go out over the brackets to make it easier to secure it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Thanks kerrye, i looked in the beginning at that style of bottom slides but they were very expensive in stainless with the rating of 100lb+ ... $315 for a pair in mcmaster but the install looks very nice on your boat. The 12345A22 was $89 and is rated for 140 lb. The brackets i made did only need a few more holes for the stiffeners so it was nice in that way but not as elegant as the frameless solution you used.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Jmk2000
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Beaufort, NC

Post by Jmk2000 »

Man that’s a slick little setup and fantastic use of space! Well done and I’m sure that’ll make taking longer trips more plausible!
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Thanks, got to try it this weekend. It worked great. I need to put one more latch in to secure it for A25 snap rolls. Having a lock on both sides should help.

I did some changes to the CAD model. I need to update the parts drawing.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”