• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 27fc 4d61 starter

Albin's "power cruisers"
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: Albin 27fc 4d61 starter

Post by DCatSea »

Boater Mike - Drinkwaard Marine is a great lead for all sorts o'stuff, no the least being: (per their website)

"Shopping at Drinkwaard Marine is part of practising your hobby. To encourage this experience we have a bar with a charming bartender."

Damn - I wish West Marine would do that!!
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Ddeweese
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Slidell, La

Post by Ddeweese »

Okay, well good and bad news...

The good news: after they took the starter apart, cleaned it thoroughly inside and out, and replace lead wire and connections, the old starter works! And it’s nice and shiny too! Should get me going.

The not so great news: when the started runs for a while, it “slows down” a little. So while the armature is not bad yet, it is probably developing a short. Eventually it will quit. So maybe this buys me some time to keep an eye on eBay or whatever.

So, about 3 weeks and $750 dollars later, I should be ready to get back on the water and bring the old girl home. Knock on wood.
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Post by Sprig1 »

Thanks for the update. It sure gives us something to think about with are motors. I'm definitely getting my spare starter refurbished. Good luck getting home.
boater_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seabrook, Texas

Post by boater_mike »

DCatSea wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:37 pm Boater Mike - Drinkwaard Marine is a great lead for all sorts o'stuff, no the least being: (per their website)

"Shopping at Drinkwaard Marine is part of practising your hobby. To encourage this experience we have a bar with a charming bartender."

Damn - I wish West Marine would do that!!
Now that's what we call here in Texas "Good Ol' Fashioned Customer Service!!"
"Corda Francis" - 1984 ALBIN 27FC #129

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”