• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1985 Albin 27 Family Cruiser, aft cabin preparing for sale

Albin's "power cruisers"
Joris
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Cocoa Beach, FL 32952

1985 Albin 27 Family Cruiser, aft cabin preparing for sale

Post by Joris »

I haven't posted in here for a few years. Life got challenging. Now I'm selling "Slow Motion" due to my health, and to relocate to Texas, to get closer to my son.

I posted many photos of my boat when I cruised to Little Torch Key a few years ago. I have it listed on Space coast Craigslist, and with a broker. I can sell it with nothing owed to broker. I'll copy my ad and post it here. It has details.

Asking $19,800 or best reasonable offer.
Joris
First Mate
First Mate

Re: 1985 Albin 27 Family Cruiser, aft cabin for sale in Florida

Post by Joris »

Really could use your guidance guys. I just discovered a problem yesterday. I made a short video explaining the problem. Not sure how to post it. Looks like I can't.

I found that my water pump is shot (re: Nissan LD28 diesel engine). The pulley wheel and shaft wobble in the pump. Bad. If I pull the pump off, the hoses will have to be removed, and the lower hose goes to the thru hull fitting. It's a 3 way thru hull fitting, and there's only one shut off valve going vertical, no valve to shut off water to the pump. My boat is in the water, no way to haul it out. I'll take pics of the pump to give you a better idea of what I'm saying. Any advice is most welcome.

Top photo shows heat exchanger hose to top of pump, and bottom photo shows shaft and pulley misaligned, and hose from thru hull to bottom of pump. I'm desperate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Joris
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Joris »

It's an ITT Jabsco pump.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: 1985 Albin 27 Family Cruiser, aft cabin for sale in Florid

Post by Carl »

Are you positive that’s a 3 way thru Hull? It looks more like a 90 degree elbow laying up against the actual thru Hull.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Now, THAT'S a good eye. I think Carl's onto something.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Yup and in the last photo you can see where the elbow rubbed on the thru-hull.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Joris
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Joris »

You're right, Carl. It was an elbow. I think it is so the system can be flushed. When I first saw it I couldn't get close, and then after I spent$25 on a DeWalt clamp and clamped the hose it moved and I realized it was an elbow. But it was leaning against the seacock so I have to move it so vibration doesn't wear on it.
A lot has happened since I was here writing (above). When I looked closer it was clear it had a shut-off valve. So I got the pump out and it was shot. After cleaning it up I saw melted bearings and race. I put an ad on craigslist, looking for a Jabsco raw water pump and an old guy called and said he might have what I need. I went to his house and he had a big shop full of marine parts. He had the exact pump, and he had rebuilt it. He let me take it and I'll pay him when I get my check in a week. Nice guy. So I'll install it tomorrow and I'll be back in business.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: 1985 Albin 27 Family Cruiser, aft cabin preparing for sale

Post by jcollins »

Moving this post to A25/A27 forum as it is more about troubleshooting.
Please repost in For Sale after repairs are complete.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Joris
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Joris »

Got the water pump installed, and removed, cleaned, and reinstalled the raw water filter today. I'm going to replace old hoses with new. Might as well, since I already removed them.
Joris
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Joris »

Will have her hauled out in the next couple of days. It's going to consume my entire social security check. Hoping insurance company reimburses me like they said they would.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”