• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel Tank

Albin's "power cruisers"
Sigrid
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Milwaukee

Fuel Tank

Post by Sigrid »

Has anyone replaced a fuel tank on a A25?

I have a 1976 A25 Deluxe with the OEM tank and I think there are some pin holes in the bottom of the tank. I have a small amount of diesel in the bilge - not a lot. I am planning on pulling the tank and pressure testing it.

Is there a source for the tank or will I need to seek out a fabricator?
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Re: Fuel Tank

Post by tribologist »

Is it not made from stainless in the deluxe? I would look carefully on fuel gage fittings, fill fitting etc assuming it has a stainless tank.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
SkipD
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marblehead, MA

Post by SkipD »

For a new high quality tank I would recommend contacting Luther's welding in Rhode Island. They probably have the specs for the A25 as they did for my A27. Tank was fabricated with all the correctly positioned connections and a sender unit. It was "plug and play" as far as putting in a new tank. If you go to their website you can input your info and get a quote. Thanks
Sigrid
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Sigrid »

Thanks Driftless - I do believe the tank is SS. I thought that even SS tanks can fail over time. Is that not accurate?
Sigrid
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Sigrid »

SkipD wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:52 am For a new high quality tank I would recommend contacting Luther's welding in Rhode Island. They probably have the specs for the A25 as they did for my A27. Tank was fabricated with all the correctly positioned connections and a sender unit. It was "plug and play" as far as putting in a new tank. If you go to their website you can input your info and get a quote. Thanks
Thanks for the resource. I will check them out.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

These stainless tanks are pretty robust. I had mine out for a full inspection and cleaning. Since I had to remove broken baffle I also installed access port. Crap can and does rattle down and under the tank providing hard contact points for abrasion to the tank and the hull.
Once you get it out, should be easy to get a replacement. Maybe not cheap. Hard to believe it is failing to the point of irreparable.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

Check your vent hose also. I’m pretty sure mine leaked near the tank. Very brittle

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”