• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

BC Albins!

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

BC Albins!

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

We spent Last weekend at the Albineers of BC rendezvous at Ladysmith on Vancouver Island. Was even more awesome than last year's event. Rick A (WillieC) is amazing! He drove his car all the way down from Hood Canal, put it on the ferry to Vancouver Island, & drove up island to Ladysmith just to make it to the rendezvous. Nine A25's were there, (no other Albin types), including Selkie from Comox, Var Bat (Swedish for "Our Boat"), Slow mOCEAN (ssrig), Sea Quill (dkirsop) Pagerus, La Dolce Vita, Skol (not the one from Seattle), Mae III (full time live aboards), Transition, (designers of all the A25 swag available on Zazzle.com), and Breakaway (A Ladysmith local & not a BC Albineers member). By far the most A25's I've ever seen in one place. Super nice bunch of folks. I shot a video of all the boats & when I get home I'll upload it to YouTube & post a link.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
OldDemps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA.

Re: BC Albins!

Post by OldDemps »

DA, have you consolidated your photo / videos of this years A25 rendezvous in Ladysmith yet??
Currently boatless
Prior owner of
SKOL -1975 Albin 25 #2240
JOKA -2006 Albin 28TE Flush Deck
JOKA - 2000 Albin 28TE Gatsby Ed.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

DA, have you consolidated your photo / videos of this years A25 rendezvous in Ladysmith yet??
Well, yes and no. I've downloaded photos & videos to my desktop PC, but haven't put together a slide show to upload to YouTube yet. I'm (slowly) working on putting together slide shows for our 2016 cruise (Chatterbox Falls) and last year's cruise (Desolation Sound) before I get to working on this year's cruise.

Meanwhile, I had some trouble downloading the video I shot of all the boats at the Ladysmith rendezvous. What I normally do is plug the mini SanDisk data card from my smart phone into the PC & copy photos & videos down to the hard drive. I could play the video back on the PC monitor directly from the memory card but when trying to download it the file would hang up partway through. So what I ended up doing was put another card in the phone, play the video back on the PC and 'film' the monitor screen with the phone. It worked and I was able to download that file, but the image quality suffered a little bit. Since we can't load large video files on to AOG, I did individual screen shots of each boat saved as stills. So that's what these photos are:
selkie.jpg
We happened to meet Eileen at Wallas Island the day before the Ladysmith meet and got this shot of the floral artwork on the front of Selkie. I wish I'd taken more photos of it, was very cool (click on photo to zoom in close up).
20190711_155702.jpg
Then "Transition". We had met them once before back at the PNW rendezvous at Roche Harbor on San Juan Island in 2014, the only other A25 to show up at that event. They design and market Albin 25 accessories on zazzle.com (personalized throw pillows, wine bottle labels, 3" stickers, T shirts, coffee mugs with your boat name on them).

https://www.zazzle.com/s/albin
Transition.jpg
Next up was Var Bat (Swedish for "Our Boat")
Varbat.jpg
Then Slo mOcean, Ives' , aka ssrig's boat.
slomocean.jpg
And Skol (not Oldemps)
skol.jpg
Then Sea Quill, Dave Kirsop's aka dkirsop.
seaquill.jpg
And Pagarus, Mike Symonds, friend of Dave K.
pagarus.jpg
Mae III, whose owners iive aboard full time.
maeIII.jpg
And of course our La Dolce Vita
ladolcevita.jpg
Also present but not part of the BC Albineer group, motor sail rigged "Breakaway", photo from last year. Breakaway is regularly homeported in Ladysmith (click on photo to rotate).
20180721_102413.jpg
Here is a somewhat fuzzy long shot looking down on the Ladysmith guest dock with nine Albin 25's lined up end to end.
20190712_194757.jpg
Another shot looking down the dock. Only Selkie is out of the frame in this one.
20190712_195520.jpg
Cannot fail to mention that Rick A, aka WillieC, actually drove his car down from Seattle, shipped it on the ferry over to Vancouver Island, drove up to Ladysmith, got a hotel room, all just so he could attend the BC Rendezvous. Needless to say, a very pleasant surprise to see him there on the dock (at right with blue shirt & day glo orange hat)
rick.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

It was a good turn out and a good time had by all. Nice photos and thanks for taking time to post them.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I'll say it was a good time! Great people, plenty of food, lively conversation and ideas galore for modifications.
IMG_0587.JPG
I agree with Eileen in Selkie, the closest boat in the picture. With our LH prop we prefer a starboard tie. Although she has a Sole engine, prolly a RH prop. With nine A25s there was no shortage of assistance at dockage.

We will be heading out for points north in a day or two. Hope Faugust doesn't slow us down too much. Sadly we will not be able to make the Genoa Bay event. Well, not both of us...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”