• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rear stove and camping table in A25

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Rear stove and camping table in A25

Post by tribologist »

I can’t figure how the server manages images..What do I need to do to make the pictures come out right?
The crazy thing is that they look right on my iphone and also when I click on them and they open but then they show as upside down in the post....

I been experimenting over the summer with some portable tables (Amazon returns are easy) and I'm very happy with the latest KingKamp bamboo table.
C000CB8B-83FE-4647-B248-9DE36AA8FC94.jpeg
It stores very neatly behind the door to the cabin. Either standing or laying down.
558E08DD-78F0-4A97-ACED-885C5CD038EA.jpeg
I had some loose screws but I removed all and installed in Six10 epoxy. Its not super sturdy but works. Im tempted to modify it to hang right on the rear bulkhead but then its not possible to move it to get in there. Tying it or adding hooks is another option. Anyway, for now its good. I also made a strap for my Force 10 stove i got with the boat.
2CD61DD7-0B49-4166-A210-74031BD2FAC7.jpeg
The PO had it in the galley on the bulkhead but i wanted to be able to cook at the table or heat some canned super snappy German Meica Deuchlander hotdogs while under way. I solved my coffe problem with a 12V water heater and Starbucks VIA coffee.
29FD456E-C30B-4542-B923-93880D626C34.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by tribologist on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: Rear stove and camping table in A25

Post by kerrye »

I’ve got a swinging Lagun base table in the galley. I’ve considered adding another mount in the cockpit so I can also use it out there. Pictures of it mounted in the galley on here somewhere. It adds a huge amount of prep and serving space.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I can’t figure how the server manages images
"Mangles" images might be the more descriptive word :lol:

As for tables, after seeing one that a sailing club friend has, we picked up one of these "personal" folding TV tables from Wal*Mart. The table surface is plastic. However Wal*Mart website says they're no longer available. As you can see from the pictures the legs on one end are slightly closer together that the legs on the other end, and the narrower pair of legs just fits in the space between the settees in forward cabin. So it can be used as a dining table in the front cabin or in the cockpit area between the bench seats & folds up flat for stowing. Not sure I'd want to use it as a "stove" table, but it's very handy as a dining table for two. Much less wobbly than the stock table that doubles as the fill in board to make the settees into a double V berth.
tv table.jpeg
tv tablefolded.jpeg
Here's how the folding table looks in our very lived in & somewhat cluttered front cabin...
20190618_113219.jpg
As an aside, we just got back from a week long RV camping trip in the White Mountains of eastern AZ. At 9,100 feet elevation it's the coolest place one can be in AZ this time of year with highs in the low 70s. But cell signals were weak to non-existent, so I've been away from AOG for the last few days. We were getting cabin fever at home, every day since returning from the NW on Aug 7 has reached 104 degrees or higher, and more than once hit over 110. It may get back to 104 over the upcoming weekend, but after that may finally drop below the century mark next week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by DesertAlbin736 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

I've never used my phone much for photos, preferring my trusty digital camera. However, for our Canal Du Midi cruise this summer in France (they're boat, not mine) I went totally phone pics. Discovered that right-side-up pics only happen when the "shutter button" image on the phone is on the right side, to be pressed by my right finger. Left hand orientation yields an inverted image when uploaded to our computer. Same with vertical frames, only I forget whether the "button" needs to be up or down. I only post pics on-line from our computer, never from the phone. Haven't figured out how to do email on my phone.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Should be easy enough to post pics from a phone via web browser. I loaded our Samsung Galaxy phones with 64 gig data storage cards. Sometimes pics taken on my phone are hi res over 6MB & more than this site will accept for upload without resizing, but that can be dealt with in settings. Your phone, assuming it's a smartphone whether Iphone or Android, should have or be able to install an email app, & depending on your email provider, (cable or DSL) should be able to sync with your home computer email app.

So, tell us more about your Canal Du Midi cruise this summer (maybe posting over on the Albin Cruising forum?)! Was it a small canal boat or one of those big Viking River Cruise jobs? Did you get caught up in that 108 degree heat wave in France?
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”