• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rudder port A25

Albin's "power cruisers"
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Rudder port A25

Post by WillieC »

OK, now I want to see pics of that rusted, steaming pile of junk called the tiller arm all polished up! (Once you fix that o-ring, that tiller arm will stay shiny.)
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

1A87C51B-656B-47E8-840C-CF9B63DF67F4.jpeg
WillieC wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:57 am OK, now I want to see pics of that rusted, steaming pile of junk called the tiller arm all polished up! (Once you fix that o-ring, that tiller arm will stay shiny.)
Sorry it took awhile, but work and the new baby are keeping me busy!

While it’s pitted, it cleaned up well. It’s painted with ospho coat and rustoleum hammered black. Looks better in person than on camera.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I saw your bucket and battery and electrode set up. I have a similar set up. And always use Ospho, too. Nice work.

We'll go easy on you, this time! You are very fortunate to get to do this with such a young family. Enjoy your days, they go quickly!
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

WillieC wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:49 am I saw your bucket and battery and electrode set up. I have a similar set up. And always use Ospho, too. Nice work.

We'll go easy on you, this time! You are very fortunate to get to do this with such a young family. Enjoy your days, they go quickly!
The days do go quickly for sure, I can’t believe my oldest is 15 already!
Love doing electrolysis, it can work magic!
Here are some before and after pics of a forge I cleaned up with electrolysis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”