• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

dipstick for LD 28

Albin's "power cruisers"
seanneilson
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Glacier Bay

dipstick for LD 28

Post by seanneilson »

I just broke mine yesterday. Any clue where to look for one of these?
Thanks,
Sean
TorreyWP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Buffalo NY

Re: dipstick for LD 28

Post by TorreyWP »

The dip stick itself broke? Hopefully the broken piece is not left in the tube to the oil pan..

I have always feared breaking mine, kind of flimsy to begin with if you ask me and my pant leg always gets caught on it when I'm standing in the engine compartment.

You may have to make one up, perhaps out of a donor generic dip stick from an auto parts store. I can share dimensions if needed.

This may have officially inspired me to make a spare for myself.
Torrey Pollard
1985 27FC
Beta 50
TorPedo
USCG 50 Ton Near Coastal
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

"...and my pant leg always gets caught on it when I'm standing in the engine compartment."

This comment made this A25 owner chuckle. It took me three months to find the dipstick on our boat.
TorreyWP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Buffalo NY

Post by TorreyWP »

Hahaha, Understood! But honestly, look how it protrudes right toward the only place to put a foot!

I get it though, at least there is a place to put a foot...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Torrey Pollard
1985 27FC
Beta 50
TorPedo
USCG 50 Ton Near Coastal

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”