• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A27 instruments

Albin's "power cruisers"
Randall
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: North fort myers,fl

A27 instruments

Post by Randall »

My 1986 FC has what I believe is the original Nissan diesel and instrument cluster. My question is should the individual gages be backlit and what is the purpose of the fuse? Any help is appreciated.

Randall
1986 Albin A27 FC “Meridian”
North Fort Myers, Fl.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
TorreyWP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Buffalo NY

Re: A27 instruments

Post by TorreyWP »

Randall, Your gauges all look original at least the engine gauges, it does appear someone made a nice wood dash and scrapped the black plastic "Nissan engines" panel. On our boats, the fuel gauge was not part of the engine manufacturer's panel but, yes they each should be backlit red. I'll have to look at mine later today (still need to shrink wrap for a northeast winter that started early...) I believe the fuse is for the ignition circuit, the yellow with a red stripe wire that activates the starter solenoid but it night be for the lights, not 100%, Ill get back to you.

Somewhere on here there is topic with pictures of different A27 helm arrangements.

Here is a picture of my helm:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Torrey Pollard
1985 27FC
Beta 50
TorPedo
USCG 50 Ton Near Coastal
Randall
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: North fort myers,fl

Re: A27 instruments

Post by Randall »

Thanks Torrey, I’ll look for your answer. Randall