• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin contact in Sweden?

Albin's "power cruisers"
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Re: Albin contact in Sweden?

Post by NickScheuer »

The "contact" on the Albin Motor website in <info@albinmotor.com>

That is INDEED who I emailed. I know nothing about why the suffix "se" should be used. Care to explain?
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

NickScheuer wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:16 am I'll be talking with the shop after Jan 1. Depending on what they say, I way want to buy your pipe. The idea of welding the original end fitting onto a new pipe sounds good. Will try to post a new photo of the bend later today or tomorrow.
Sounds good. Clamp a 2x4 or something to the keel as reference.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

I'm actually thinking that if I made a fixture consisting of a pair of 2x4's lying flat on each side of the exposed tube (which is bent at or immediately inside the fiberglass keel/skeg), with space between just a tad + of the tube diameter, with that pair of 2x4's held in position by another pair of 6-ft long 2x4's extending out to one side, thereby forming an acute triangle, I'd have a giant bending fixture similar to an electrical conduit bender, only designed to keep the workpiece straight instead of arched. A couple of guys ought to be able to exert enough force on the outward end of the long 2x4's (apex of the triangle) to bend the tube straight. A length of 4x4 would be clamped alongside the keel/skeg to reinforce the fiberglass structure, extending aft as you suggest in order to indicate the terminal point of the straightening. If successful, it would save bothering with the surgery involved with cutting out the original tube and substituting a new one.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

The rudder is now off the boat, however I have an accurate vertical measurement to insure that when the strut is either bent straight, or replaced, the end fitting will be at the correct elevation to receive the rudder shaft.
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

NickScheuer wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:43 pm The "contact" on the Albin Motor website in <info@albinmotor.com>

That is INDEED who I emailed. I know nothing about why the suffix "se" should be used. Care to explain?
Sorry, did not see this before.

I feel sure that you know this, but just in case, .se is used for most Swedish addresses. Like .fr for French, .de for German .jp for Japan etc. etc. Plus the website is albinmotor.se So, even though the .com email address is what they put on their webpage, I would still try re-sending your email to info@albinmotor.se Nothing to lose except 30 seconds of your time.

Of course you could also try calling them at 011-46-31299618, which I think would be the correct way to dial them from North America.

Best of luck, Bob
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

Thanks, will try resending the email. I've never emailed anyone outside of the USA and Canada.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

Success! (to a point) taking some advice offered above, I bought a 5' length of 1/4" black pipe and used it as a lever to bend my original rudder mounting strut back into position. It looks like it has a slight "S" curve along its length, however, the aft end is positioned where it needs to be for the rudder post to be vertical. As I told the shop who will repair the fiberglass skeg, at the speed an Slbin-25 cruises, a bit of bend in the strut won't affect anything. It's not like the prop shaft or prop which both need to be straight and true.

Today is the first day in a long long time with temps in the high 50's. Tomorrow I'll tow the boat to D&S, a shop located about 18 miles north, known for quality fiberglass and wood boat repair.

My new bronze prop arrived a few weeks ago, so after I install the new (rebuilt) I can mount the prop and be "good to go". Weather forecasts for the next couple of weeks say "warmer than average". A lot of the recent snow storms sweeping the USA have passed either north or south of N Illinois.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

Correct the above to read 1-1/2" pipe for bending the strut.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”