• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Shrink wrap

Albin's "power cruisers"
Endurance2018
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: New London

Re: Shrink wrap

Post by Endurance2018 »

Any pics Hetek.
Klover clamps???
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

Here's a picture of my framework, just before the cover went on. Pardon the clutter. I assure you it is all clean now.
20191130_113324.jpg
The gold colored "Klamps" are what holds the 3/4" EMT conduit together at the intersections.

Their website has videos and instructions:
www.koverklampframes.com

Basically, you buy every piece of 3/4" EMT that Home Depot has in stock and Klamp everything together. Just kidding about the EMT. 99% reusable, year after year, including the EMT. I find the rubber feet perish after a few years but you can squeak an extra season or two out of them by tie-wrapping them to the conduit.

I initially built the setup for "Bunkie", my Albin 27FC but have used it on all my boats since (24' Penn Yan, 27' Sea Sport Pilot and a 24' Rosborough). I only had to buy 2 more pieces of EMT yesterday to adapt it to my Albin 25 and my wife's 15' Whaler. $12 at Home Depot.

As "Tinker Toy-ish" as it looks, it goes together fairly quickly. Twice as fast the next season because all the fabrication part will be done.

Just "some assembly required".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

BTW... Defender sells them too.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
Endurance2018
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: New London

Post by Endurance2018 »

New vents
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”