• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Table

Albin's "power cruisers"
Endurance2018
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: New London

Table

Post by Endurance2018 »

Got a gift from previous owner. I think. It just showed up

Assembled to see how functional it is. Anyone know if when In the lowered position its suppose to fit in place for the V berth bed? Doesn't look like it would fit.
Thanks
Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Table

Post by WillieC »

We have a similar table, though without the pole, which also may have served as a compression pole for the mast, maybe? (We don't have the sail kit on the WillieC.) Our table has a hinged leg aft and short front pole that it supposed to be used when set up as table. I couldn't figure out how it was supposed to be used as the filler for the bunk, so I made my own infill piece and hucked the table to the used parts pile in the aft cabin where I keep my lawnmower. Kidding.

We keep the bed set up, and have a fairly decent easily demountable table set up in the main cabin. We prefer the light and openness of this arrangement for sundowners and meal times. We also have the portable Origo two burner stove that I can put just about anywhere for cooking. Lighting up a stove of any kind down in the lower cabin near the exit door always seems sketchy to me. In an emergency, of course the forward deck hatch is there, but I really need to switch to some kind of quick release latch there. Adding a fresh supply of air to a potential inferno also seems fraught. Guess it's cold sandwiches from here on out.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Don't know for sure being that it's part of the later model version of motor sailer option with mast compression post. But from the looks of your photo the only difference compared the more common pure motorboat version is that the rear corners of the table are rounded. That said I would guess it will fit to make the settees into a V berth. If that's so then a center cushion should have come with the boat. If not you can always have one made. I know our similar table, sans the compression post, does make the settees into a very comfortable V berth with 4" thick foam cushions which is where we sleep rather than the very claustrophobic and coffin like aft cabin quarter berths. In fact we don't use that insert as a table because a)it's very wobbly, and b)hard to squeeze in past the corners. Instead we use a smaller cheap plastic four legged folding TV table I picked up from Wal*Mart that we can use either in the front cabin or out in the cockpit between the bench seats. Unfortunately it appears these tables have been discontinued & no longer carried by Wal*Mart.
tv table.jpeg
tv tablefolded.jpeg
Our boat does have the mast & sail rig option, currently not installed & no future plans to do so, but it's the early version with the mast step set right up against the windshield & has a wooden gusset set in the ceiling & no compression post.

A25 mast install from manual.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by DesertAlbin736 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

WillieC says,
We keep the bed set up, and have a fairly decent easily demountable table set up in the main cabin. We prefer the light and openness of this arrangement for sundowners and meal times. We also have the portable Origo two burner stove that I can put just about anywhere for cooking. Lighting up a stove of any kind down in the lower cabin near the exit door always seems sketchy to me. In an emergency, of course the forward deck hatch is there, but I really need to switch to some kind of quick release latch there. Adding a fresh supply of air to a potential inferno also seems fraught. Guess it's cold sandwiches from here on out.
We convert our V berth back to settees each morning by rolling our bedding up to the front of the cabin (we altered a set of king size sheets to fit the triangular shape), take up the filler board/table & stow it up against the front wall inside of the head compartment. Sometimes we eat in the front cabin, other times out in the cockpit. Come bed time we put the board & cushion back in and roll out the bedding. We have the same two burner non-pressurized Origo alcohol stove as WillieC but leave it attached in the galley. Never had any problems with it. We don't have the the cooler setup with a top shelf next to the cabin door like WillieC does. The Origo stoves don't flare up like the old pressurized ones unless you happen to spill fuel around the tops of the canisters while filling & don't wipe it up. We also have a round Magma propane grill out on the stern rail for grilling which can also be used to heat a cook pot. We have two dry chem ABC fire extinguishers aboard (replaced with new ones last year), one smaller one in the front cabin next to the hanging closet, the other larger one mounted in the cockpit, outboard of & next to the helm station.
DSCN3636.JPG
DSCN3641.JPG
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Endurance2018
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Endurance2018 »

Nice setup. I’m not much for cooking onboard. If I did it would be microwave or on the back rail.

PS Swapping out mower for snow blower.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

2E8BFE16-5598-41B4-B0BB-6EC506D098D0.jpeg
Here are pix of a wheelhouse table I knocked together a couple of years ago. It hangs on the aft cabin door or the original helm seat hangers and works well.
E99C546E-CB4F-4C5D-88E5-AB3E1774D74C.jpeg
1ABBB671-F669-4229-A11F-C32AC3A68D96.jpeg
B2FAB4C7-F0E5-414E-83CC-46CCC3342721.jpeg
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Endurance2018
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Endurance2018 »

Nice idea. What do you do with the V berth for sleeping?
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

Table in OP looks similar to ours, except for large radius on corners. Ours has a folding leg instead of pole support. We leave it home; never use a table by the berths; do use top of a 5-day ice chest in the cockpit Original Albin tip-out ice chest on portside is our mooring/tow line bin.
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

Love the table! And the aft cabin doors! I need to rebuild my aft cabin door and I like the style of yours.
DCatSea wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:27 pm 2E8BFE16-5598-41B4-B0BB-6EC506D098D0.jpeg

Here are pix of a wheelhouse table I knocked together a couple of years ago. It hangs on the aft cabin door or the original helm seat hangers and works well.

E99C546E-CB4F-4C5D-88E5-AB3E1774D74C.jpeg1ABBB671-F669-4229-A11F-C32AC3A68D96.jpegB2FAB4C7-F0E5-414E-83CC-46CCC3342721.jpeg

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”