• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 trailer mods for picking up my new boat sight unseen

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: A25 trailer mods for picking up my new boat sight unseen

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Congrats on new-to-you boat & safe trip home. Hope you're pleased with your sight-unseen purchase. Let the adventures begin! Thanks also for your compliments. Hopefully your trailer will hold up & not need the reinforcements mine did. The fact that your boat didn't have a bow eye means it was likely mostly kept in the water full time & only sling launched & hauled out with crane or Travelift.
FYI we get between 10 to 12 MPG towing with Ram 2500 4X4 with Cummins diesel.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Yes, it was water kept, which at least means it floats. No soft spots, some hull damage where keel meets bow. Nothing I can't fix. No soft spots. The A25 reputation for solid layup holds water (pun intended)!

I reported 9mpg as that's what the instant milage calculator reads. It may be higher. 2006 Sequoia with I believe a 4.7 v8. Around town, I average 13mpg.
Last edited by nebulatech on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

No soft spots. The A25 reputation for solid layup holds water (pun intended)
Yep, I agree. La Dolce Vita is a 1971, now 49 years old. No evidence of soft spots topside or osmotic blisters on the bottom. Correct me if I'm wrong, but of all the Albin boats as far as I know besides the Albin Vega sailboats and the 82MS motorsailer the A25 is the only other boat carrying the Albin name that was actually built in Sweden. The rest were built in Connecticut, including the 27FC and the TE types, and with exception of the classic trawlers which were built in Taiwan.

Speaking of which, the 82 MS motorsailer, in which the "82" refers to length in decimeters, or 8.2 meters, which works out to 26 ft 11 inches, is a larger purpose designed motosailor cousin of the A25 made to function better under sail than the A25 with sail rig option. The design is very similar to the A25, even more so than the A27 FC, with the main differences being a 9' 4" beam, 1,984 lb fin keel added which increases draft to 3' 11", and a more open center cockpit with glass windshield & canvas dodger rather the the fully enclosed wheelhouse of the A25. Otherwise very similar layout to the A25, except the added hull length allows for placement of a dedicated starboard side dinette down in the forward cabin where the head is in the A25, and the head located to port behind the galley. Extremely rare in North America, but would be a great Pacific NW boat if one didn't want or need to trailer long distances like I do. Definitely Per Brohall pedigree.

https://www.boat-specs.com/albin-marine/albin-82-ms

My 'instant mileage' calculator always reads 4 MPG higher than actual miles driven/gallons filled calculations. Dodge owners are known to dub the instant mileage calculator the "lie-o-meter".
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

"I love the perfume an anchor rode contributes to the accommodation after it's sat overnight in the intracoastal waterway, absorbing its share of the rich microbiological menagerie."

Beautiful! You'll do fine here. Nice work on getting her home.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

"I survived."

I've been wondering about that. Glad to hear it. Good story...condolences on the loss of your socket wrench.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nebulatech »

Nancy wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:59 pm "I survived."

I've been wondering about that. Glad to hear it. Good story...condolences on the loss of your socket wrench.
Thank you, and my pleasure to make your acquaintance!
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

"I love the perfume an anchor rode contributes to the accommodation after it's sat overnight in the intracoastal waterway, absorbing its share of the rich microbiological menagerie."
Very poetic! On par with "the smell of napalm in the morning"" :wink:

Whenever we anchor out overnight I always flake the chain & rode & lay it out on the bow deck to let it dry after rinsing the slime & mud off, as can be seen in this shot.
IMG_0566.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nebulatech »

That brings back memories!

Do you have a raw water wash down pump? Mine doesn't, but there's a thru hull at the sink. I can envision a way to install one mid ships on the port side...
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Nope, just a bucket with a length of rope tied to the handle.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”