• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 Club in California?

Albin's "power cruisers"
olatedin
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Malmö, Sweden

Albin 25 Club in California?

Post by olatedin »

Hi everyone,

I was in Sausalito CA about 10 years ago and noted a whole row of Albin 25:s by one dock, maybe 5 or more.

Does anyone here have any information on these? I'd like to get in touch for a possible article in a Swedish boating mag.

Best regards

Ola Tedin
journalist who occationally writes about boats
ola.tedin@gmail.com
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Albin 25 Club in California?

Post by WillieC »

Oh you need to go to Ladysmith BC during the annual Albineers of BC rendezvous. Sausalito is nice but that is where your story is.

They are wonderful people and will talk your ear off once you reach them.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Check the AOG Members Map page. There are 2 members listed near Sausalito. They are 28 & 31 TE owners, but they might know of a local Albin club in California if there is one. Click on the map pins and send a personal message (PM).

Otherwise, ditto what Willie C said about Albineers of BC. WillieC & I have both been to two Albineer of BC rendezous, both in Ladysmith on Vancouver Island. The only thing WillieC didn't mention is that there are several monthly rendezvous each held summer from May to September at various places around the Vancouver Island/Gulf Island region including Port Browning and Otter Bay on North Pender Island, Telegraph Harbour on Thetis, and Genoa Bay on Vancouver Island. It just so happened the we could only make the July events at Ladysmith.

http://www.albinbc.com/home
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
olatedin
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Malmö, Sweden