• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Anchors

Albin's "power cruisers"
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Anchors

Post by Panhdjoe »

I would love to chime in on a good anchor argument, but I will restrain myself. I would like to add that IMHO a generous amount of chain, at least Half of the boat length preferably one boat length and the proper amount of scope. Are more important than what type of anchor is used. Put out a scope of 5 to one back down on the anchor to set it and sleep comfortably. We have done extensive cursing on the Atlantic ICW and I have yet to drag anchor.
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

We have done extensive cursing on the Atlantic ICW..
I've done a bit of cursing now and then myself when pulling up a snagged anchor. 'Get up here {grunt} you *#^%A@ anchor!' :lol:
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Panhdjoe wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:30 pm We have done extensive cursing on the Atlantic ICW...
Most of my cursing on the ICW was related to depth at low tide. Then again most of my ICW transits were on sailboats. It is my understanding that the ICW is supposed to be maintained with a depth of 12 feet at mean low tide, but lack of federal funding prevents this. Five feet at low tide is not outside the norm, and it's a bit too shallow for most fixed keels.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”