• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wrong number? An Albin 23?!

Albin's "power cruisers"
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Re: Wrong number? An Albin 23?!

Post by Bob Noodat »

dkirsop wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:53 pm I think it is an old style fog horn, Kind of like the horns you find at soccer games. Note the two rings for attaching to a sling.
Haha! Don't let nebulatech get hold of it!
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
Bonny
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: East Anglia

Post by Bonny »

Not sure if you are interested or this is the correct forum so I apologise in advance.
In my search for "that boat" I came across an Albin 23. To be honest I'd never heard of them so I did a bit of research, as you do, and found your site and this thread.
The boat that you describe has some marked similarities to the one I have seen advertised here. Year built (not exactly the same) 2003,
(my research indicates production stopped much earlier). Hard top with fully enclosed wheelhouse. Funny looking cabin door. And also a Perkins 65hp engine (through shaft). The boat is called Atlantic Pearl. If this is of any interest to you I will try to find out more. Currently Boris has locked us all in again!
Thanks for your time.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Bonny wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:53 pm Not sure if you are interested or this is the correct forum so I apologise in advance.
In my search for "that boat" I came across an Albin 23. To be honest I'd never heard of them so I did a bit of research, as you do, and found your site and this thread.
The boat that you describe has some marked similarities to the one I have seen advertised here. Year built (not exactly the same) 2003,
(my research indicates production stopped much earlier). Hard top with fully enclosed wheelhouse. Funny looking cabin door. And also a Perkins 65hp engine (through shaft). The boat is called Atlantic Pearl. If this is of any interest to you I will try to find out more. Currently Boris has locked us all in again!
Thanks for your time.

Ahh but Boris hasn’t locked us in for boating so it’s not all bad - except myself waiting to find out the damage to my stern gear when my 28TE gets hauled in the morning.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

Bonny wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:53 pm Not sure if you are interested or this is the correct forum so I apologise in advance.
Thanks for your time.
Thanks for that Bonny. The mystery thickens, if that is something mysteries can do. This Dutch site:
https://albin-motorboten.nl/
has a page for an "Albin 23" but states years built as 1978 to 1981. No, I am a bit rusty in Dutch too, but Google Translate does a passable job if you copy and paste. The early A23 is stated to be nothing more than a lengthened A21, which Albin curiosity I stumbled across just the other day and posted here:
http://www.albinowners.net/aog/viewtopi ... 28&t=12853

PS. I don't think it is Boris, I think it's Carrie.
Bonny
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: East Anglia

Post by Bonny »

Thanks for replies.
If it is allowed here is the website of the broker where you will find a few pictures.
www.ayb.co.uk
In case you are wondering this A23 has found its way to the Norfolk Broads where it seems to have been for sometime.
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

Bonny wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:11 am Thanks for replies.
If it is allowed here is the website of the broker where you will find a few pictures.
www.ayb.co.uk
In case you are wondering this A23 has found its way to the Norfolk Broads where it seems to have been for sometime.
A pretty little boat indeed. Looks to have a planing hull, so that is different from the earlier A23's semi-displacement (or semi-planing, if you prefer) hull.

20201120_124002.jpg
20201120_124023.jpg
20201120_124142.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

There is a video showing a very smart A25 being forklift launched in Sweden, at about 10:20, followed by an A23 at about 15:30:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw-PU3w7aHE
20201123_150022.jpg

A lot of very nice boats to be seen, no doubt pretty typical of a scandinavian marina.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”