• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A-25 fuel shut-off cable, manual

Albin's "power cruisers"
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

A-25 fuel shut-off cable, manual

Post by NickScheuer »

I was able to source a replacement for our original fuel shut-off cable (V-P MD17C) at Lexco located in Norridge, IL. I sent them the original cable so am assured the replacement will work. The original has been awfully hard to operate ever since we bought the boat 7 years ago. Turns out there was a kink in the cable sheath at the motor end so the operating wire had to bend and unbend each time it moved. Cost was $150.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: A-25 fuel shut-off cable, manual

Post by nebulatech »

Is that the cable that kills the motor? If so, I have one you can have.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

Yes, and thanks, but new one is now in-process.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

Our new fuel shut-off cable has arrived from LEXCO in Park Ridge, IL. It sure is silky-smooth! They changed the threaded components to English instead of metric and this matters not. They also reused the hex/make thread extension nut that fastens the motor end of the cable to the mounting bracket on the transmission. We will no longer have to worry about pulling the T-handle right off the cable when stopping the MD17C. It seems to me that a lot of the excess friction was due to a kink in the cable where the casing exits aft of the mounting bracket, perhaps from clumsy replacement of the motor cover box.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

make that "/male thread" instead of "/make thread"

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”