• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 - some revolutionary thoughts?

Albin's "power cruisers"
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Re: A25 - some revolutionary thoughts?

Post by Bob Noodat »

Sunsetrider wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:59 am I would like something that will hold it's selected recline position.
If you don't mind taking your wrenches to a Pick'n'Pull, I am informed that the 1993 to 1998 Nissan Quest (= Mercury Villager) middle seat is 42" wide, folds flat, reclines, and has a plastic tray with cup holders on the backside of the seat back, so that it can fold down into a table. You could always reupholster it à la mode d'Albin.
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
Sunsetrider
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gananoque ON

Post by Sunsetrider »

You know, I might not find the right model Quest, but gets me thinking. I happen to have a 2005 Infiniti G35 with 386,000 kms that can't possibly have too many kms of life left in her. It lacks the tabletop etc. that the Quest offers, but sure makes a luxurious helm seat - assuming I can figure out how to connect the 12V power to it, once the car finally bites the dust. Hmmmm
1976 Albin 25 Hull 2529
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

Sunsetrider wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:50 pm You know, I might not find the right model Quest, but gets me thinking. I happen to have a 2005 Infiniti G35 with 386,000 kms that can't possibly have too many kms of life left in her. It lacks the tabletop etc. that the Quest offers, but sure makes a luxurious helm seat - assuming I can figure out how to connect the 12V power to it, once the car finally bites the dust. Hmmmm
I hope it is leather.
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

You can probably get a faux leather cover for it. My hauling car is a 2006 Sequoia and I can find aftermarket seat covers for it. I was watching a sailrite video last night on cushion making. They have something called cushion wrap silk film (its plastic!) which is used as a moisture barrier:
https://www.sailrite.com/Cushion-Wrap-S ... er-Fold-54

The 12V power should be simple as pie. These seats usually have a bigger connector going in with several pair of wires, but once you flip the seat upside down you can see where the wires go and trace it down from there. Some of the wires are usually for the air bag sensor. You won't need those ;)
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
Sunsetrider
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gananoque ON

Post by Sunsetrider »

Yes it's leather. And 4-way power adjustable with memory. Shame to just junk it with the rest of the car!
1976 Albin 25 Hull 2529

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”