• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

FaceBook Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Albin's "power cruisers"
paulrhein
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Cinco Bayou Florida

FaceBook Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Post by paulrhein »

I just like to remind the owners that there is a Facebook group for the Albin Cruisers 25 and 27. Currently we have more than 400 member from around the world. There is a definite ease of posting comments or questions. I know a lot of our older members are hesitant about joining Facebook, remember you can make up a fictional email on Yahoo or many other servers so you can have access to Facebook.

I hope everyone is staying safe and using Social Distancing. Both me and my wife have already contracted Covid-19 and have now been retested with negative results. Neither of us had any symptoms thankfully. The reason we contracted the virus is my wife is an RN and she was and is still tending to Covid patients in our local nursing home.

<>

Take care
Paul
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: FaceBook Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Thanks, but no thanks. You will never see me on Facebook. I deleted my FB account & boycotting Mark Suckerberg's Facebook empire on a number of moral principles unrelated to boating.

Sorry to hear you & your wife contracted the virus but glad to hear you've both have recovered and thanks to her for her service.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the invite. I'm not much for FB, even though I'm in the "younger ' crowd (41). I may pop by from time to time.

I'm glad to hear about your recovery. Thank your wife for her service. My sister and brother-in-law did stints as RNs in a nursing home. That's hard, often under appreciated work.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Lol, DA. Just found a facebook group just for you. Trailer trawlers or something like that. However. I agree, FB is a waste to write in. You cant find old posts etc.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

I cancelled/closed/wiped out FB account five years ago and haven't regretted it one bit. Even then closed groups seemed way too open for my liking. Never did trust the Empire to do the right thing especially if $$$ and Power was involved. Too many outside influencers (whatever the hell they are).
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

I'm somewhere in between on the FB thing. I've had a bad experience and I've never even belonged to FB!

Paul, I remember you from the original Yahoo! Groups and I love what you did with your 27FC. I detect a bit of Hinkley/Mainship Rum-Runner in the aft end of the cabin profile. She is drop dead gorgeous!

We'll see...
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Call me a Luddite, but add Twitter to my list of boycotted social media platforms.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

That makes two of us. I do, however, recommend "Monty Python's Upper-class Twit of the Year Olympics"
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

DCatSea wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:52 pm That makes two of us. I do, however, recommend "Monty Python's Upper-class Twit of the Year Olympics"
"...And Nigel has run himself over!"
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

I detest Facebook myself. My wife has a account and she used both our names on it. I wish she would just delete the stupid thing. I’m not on twitter either. Nothing good comes of these platforms that are heavily sided with only one specific political party. I too am in the younger crowd at 41 as well.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

In my experience, SM (social media) platforms aren't really one-sided politically, but the content which makes its way out to the media are usually the more extreme (and often offensive) viewpoints. Is there a correlation....

The biggest problems I have with SM are the fake "bot" accounts, the echo chambers and the anonymity which gives rise to people sharing their ugliest sides, which they would not display in person. There is a lot of good content on SM, but there is a high percentage of undesirable content to wade through. Oh, and numerous studies find a direct correlation between the volume of SM use and depression. I can do without that!
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
OldDemps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA.

Post by OldDemps »

I’ve found the Facebook Albin cruiser 25 & 27 page VERY HELPFUL and considering our small following of A25 / A27 owners / enthusiast encouraging as much info exchange as possible is a benefit. Thank you Paulrhein for the info and your contribution to AOG and that FB cruisers Page.

Whether FB or social media is beneficial or not is not relevant to the context of this AOG page or It’s membership.

Respectfully
Currently boatless
Prior owner of
SKOL -1975 Albin 25 #2240
JOKA -2006 Albin 28TE Flush Deck
JOKA - 2000 Albin 28TE Gatsby Ed.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

OK - Changed my mind and joined FBAC25/27. Some enthusiastic drivers on this page. I will contribute while maintaining anonymity (while keeping sig. on AOG postings)
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

I won’t use FB either. I’m 43 this year and have never had an account. Many of the reasons are above. One thing I will say though is it’s great for killing off forums and losing loads of valuable information. I used to be a senior moderator over at www.ffoc.co.uk where we had over 10,000 members. FB came along and within three years killed the forum. Now if the car club I used to be in has 30 active users I would be amazed.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

In retrospect - I'm going to give the FB pages a couple of weeks to see if they can change my mind. I have not FBed since 2015 (?) and somehow doubt if this latest foray will be a long-lasting relationship, but hey, you never know. It depends on whether I can maintain anonymity.

The actual idea behind SM is quite brilliant, but I found early on that as an institution it is wide open to abuse, piracy and high-jacking by people I generally tend to avoid.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”