• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 sliding windows

Albin's "power cruisers"
honza
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Solon, ME

A25 sliding windows

Post by honza »

I am having problems finding the old thread, so here is a new one. I would like to report on my experience.

I got my windows from Peninsula Glass (Motion Windows) yesterday. Extremely well packed in a honeycomb box, very good workmanship. It was easy to install them and it looks good to me. Here are few notes (before ordering):
- Make your own patters - to not trust theirs on file. At least, my boat was different.
- Tell them to err on the plus side, if they have to. It is easier to cut a fraction of an inch with a jigsaw, then building up the fiberglass.
- Check that the sides of your wheel house are straight. I had to fiddle around it a bit.
- Check that you have a sufficient clearance between the shifter and the window on your Stbd side. The windows are thicker than the originals, especially if you are getting the kind with a screen.
Slow Poke A25 #1110
AdSurrey
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hoo, Rochester

Re: A25 sliding windows

Post by AdSurrey »

Thanks Honza,

How are you finding it out on the water, have you been out with them installed yet?

Having had some seriously good times out lately with some other club members/friends on their boats, convoys of 2 and 3 so far as many members are on vulnerable list, I have now decided the hatch will stay, even after I get windows installed, as I love the fresh air too much. I will replace it with a much nicer one at some point. I've so much going on at the moment and I'm just hoarding any spare money due to covid and my stupid government releasing the lockdown way too early.

From your description I take it your runners are on the inside, happy with that or would you have preferred outside? Can I ask the cost?
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Congrats on the new windows! Pictures?
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
honza
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Solon, ME

Post by honza »

I was on the water one day with the new windows - performed es expected - better air flow. I have a hard top now. With the canvas roof, it may be less apparent. I do not know if anybody offers the option, with the runners out. IMHO it would look weird. The cost was close to 1k for both, shipping included. They have a variety of options. I did not take pictures, there is a plenty of sliding window pictures on this site.
Slow Poke A25 #1110
AdSurrey
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hoo, Rochester

Post by AdSurrey »

That's about £800 Gbp. Pretty sure I've a couple with them on the outside but it's been a long day and I have a sht memory :) Glad they work as expected though. Desperately hoping to get to mine this week, depends how well the work goes tomorrow. I believe a large amount of businesses reopened today so I might start hearing back from companies regarding upgrades etc.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”