• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 for sale on Vancouver Island FYI

Albin's "power cruisers"
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

A25 for sale on Vancouver Island FYI

Post by Bob Noodat »

At usedvictoria dot com, there is an A25 in good condition for CAN$25k. Multiply by .75 to get that in Yankee Dollars.
20200609_111000.jpg

You'll be humming along to this one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nMWUF3LYd88
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: A25 for sale on Vancouver Island FYI

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

We saw a somewhat derelict looking A25 docked in the marina in Maple Bay in 2014. It was covered over with white tarps & looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Wonder if that could be the same boat? Posting from my phone now so when I get home on Thursday I'll look on my desktop for pictures we took of it then.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

I cannot think that this one was ever derelict. There are so many A25's up there. The description seems to say that this has always been well cared for. We'll await your pictures from the great DA736 Archive with 'bated breath.
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

You don't have to wait for DA to get home. Kirsten was a feature at Genoa Bay (not Maple Bay but nearby) for quite some time.
Kirsten.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

I am confused. The advertised one was apparently formerly named Mhoran. Are we sure it is the same boat?

Kirsten also has a sail rig. I think we may be doing the Elinor people an injustice. Their boat was said to be in "covered moorage" for years, not under white tarps or moored in the open.

Someone must know the facts!
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

Kirsten is not Mhoran. However, I suspect she was the boat DA saw in Maple Bay. Mhoran's owner was a member in the BC Albineers for many years and was well looked after.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

OK, that makes sense, thanks
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Kirsten is not Mhoran. However, I suspect she was the boat DA saw in Maple Bay.
Here's that A25 we saw in Maple Bay in July, 2014. Although we've been up in the Gulf Islands four times, in 2014, 2016, 2018, & 2019 we have not returned to Maple Bay since that first time.

Note that this A25 in question did not have a "BC hardtop". If this boat had a name it was covered up by the tarp. But the BC registration number was visible, so it seems this is a "mystery boat" that is neither Kirsten nor Mhoran. Personally I don't think I'd name a boat "Mhoran" myself, too similar to another less flattering word. :wink:
DSCN1554.JPG
Maple Bay didn't seem like a very easy place to anchor out. As I recall we had some difficulty getting the anchor to set. Note, this is our old plexi pop top & canvas enclosure inherited from the PO with no side windows & flaps. Very poor rear visibility when backing up.
DSCN1549.JPG
Another near-namesake sailboat to ours seen docked in Maple Bay.
DSCN1556.JPG
I daresay BC probably has the greatest concentration of Albin 25's in North America. Where else can eight A25's gather in one place at the same time?

ps, since the COVID outbreak began I've skipped getting haircuts, so the abbreviation "DA" is even more apropos than usual lately.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

Nice picture of your DV, DA.

And the white tarp boat definitely has a different number.
92651736_934.jpg
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Bob Noodat »

Let's try this again, without the link.

This boat is still unsold, and the price has been reduced by CAN$1,500. Find it on the same site, with a search for Albin. Seems cheap to me.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”