• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

4D61 Throttle Issu

Albin's "power cruisers"
flawler86
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Porum Landing, Oklahoma

4D61 Throttle Issu

Post by flawler86 »

I have an '84 Albin 27 FC. For several months now I have had problems starting the engine. The problem started with throttle issues and not revving correctly. I put in new fuel and new primary and secondary fuel filters x 2. When I put Stanadyne lubricity or Marvel's oil in the secondary fuel filter and started the engine then the throttle would work correctly for about thirty seconds. Now the engine won't start at all. I can trace the throttle linkage into the injection/injector pump and everything seems to work fine up to that point. The engine appears to not be getting any fuel. I have an auxiliary fuel pump (to bleed the system), but that doesn't make any difference in starting. It appears to me that the problem is in the injection pump and that the lack of lubrication in the newer diesel fuel is at least partially responsible. I need advice on what else I can try. There is a pronounced lack of marine diesel mechanics in Oklahoma, so things I can try would be appreciated. The engine is in good shape, with about 3,000 hours on it. Thanks for any help or advice. Frank Lawler, Porum Landing on Lake Eufaula in Oklahoma, Hull #149.
Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

Re: 4D61 Throttle Issu

Post by Bearkeley »

Give American Diesel in Kilmarnock, Va a call. They are the experts on our engines and if parts exists, they can send it to you. Brian, the owner was the one person we called whenever we had issues when we cruised the ICW a couple of years ago.

If you haven’t already done so, consider joining MTOA, a trawler owners group. Join before July for $35...a wealth of resources on their forum as well.
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”