• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Shore Power Hook-Up Location

Albin's "power cruisers"
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Re: Shore Power Hook-Up Location

Post by Sprig1 »

Also I believe you can only have 10 feet or shorter of wire to the breaker box. So think about that on the A27
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I referred to my copy of Don Casey's "Sailboat Electrics Simplified" extensively when I reworked my 12VDC & 120VAC systems.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Desertboater, thank you for the website link and thorough thoughts. I had Calder's Cruising Handbook, and recently purchased the Electrical and Mechanical handbook. My wiring schematic will be a bit different: I'm running a 48 volt battery system for my electric propulsion and a 48v to 12v stepdown to power the house systems. I haven't started the wiring layout yet. I'm going to make a nice graphic in Photoshop to go in the boat manual I'm compiling.

I still have to finish rebuilding my head, replacing 4 more thru hulls, one cushion for the v-berth gap and (finally) make the wheelhouse canvas top. By that time, my batteries (8 x 120ah AGM's) should be here, and I can build the racks for them and start wiring up the boat.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”