• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New trailer fitting

Albin's "power cruisers"
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

New trailer fitting

Post by jerridsc »

I have a blank slate of a trailer, trying to figure out how to prepare it for my A25. I am, hopefully, attaching a photo of a trailer with a boat on it. Looks like it would have rollers to support the keel and side boards against the hull to keep it centered and upright. Also looks like it would be easy off and easy on. What say you all.
0FDCC087-AA2F-4796-A774-2AE65DBBE8E7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Re: New trailer fitting

Post by tribologist »

You probably need a lot more substantial support on the sides. Side bunks are great for centering it but tge day when you cut a corner and drop one wheel from a curb you need to support a lot of weight. I have posted quite a few trailer pictures in earlier threads
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Here are some pictures. I think its a pretty good arrangement. Side bunks would fix my only issue that is that it is hard to center it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
MagicDragon
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Florida

Post by MagicDragon »

Hello, I have a 27ft FC and I'm in the market for a trailer any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

Post by jerridsc »

I’ve searched under trailer, didn’t come up with much. How can I find all your posts regarding trailer fitment. Are there clearer photos there too? Really appreciate your help.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

I had to fit out my trailer for my boat before I went to pick it up. Lots of good info in this thread. Thanks again for everyone's helpful input!
http://www.albinowners.net/aog/viewtopi ... 28&t=12088
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

http://www.albinowners.net/aog/viewtopi ... ess#p72614

Some good ones on DessertAlbins trailer here. It easier to take new ones than finding old ones :-). I take some this morning
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Found some with no boat on. The trailer was set up by the PPO previous previous owner, Driftless on the trawler forum. The lower taperered board is elegant. That allows for heigh adjusttment.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”