• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Skol back up for sale

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Skol back up for sale

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I see Skol is back on the market on CL in Ballard, WA near Seattle.
skol.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Re: Skol back up for sale

Post by Dieselram94 »

I was just looking at that. At that price with all new motor, that’s a deal!
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

Mmmm; his and her swim platforms, eh?
OldDemps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA.

Post by OldDemps »

Sold in 3 days For $16,000. To couple in Sacramento area sight unseen. They will keep it in Seattle for PNW.
Many systems renewed. I probably lost $15,000 on the boat from overpaying initially for project boat and being 800 miles away from repower / restoration. but I learned a lot and got to Canada BC before border closing. It Needed trailer, Hull buff and deck paint. I’ll be Looking for another boat. The A25 was Super fun, got lots of attention but was too slow and too rocky for me. Maybe back to 28TE or better yet the 35TE for sale in SF.
Currently boatless
Prior owner of
SKOL -1975 Albin 25 #2240
JOKA -2006 Albin 28TE Flush Deck
JOKA - 2000 Albin 28TE Gatsby Ed.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Congrats on your sale and good luck finding your new boat!

Thanks for updating us. I hope the new owners pay a visit to AOG...
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

I probably lost $15,000 on the boat from overpaying initially for project boat and being 800 miles away from repower / restoration. but I learned a lot and got to Canada BC before border closing.
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I bought a 1985 Ferrari for $17k once with a broken windshield as its only known flaw. One $3k windshield and many new parts and repairs later and I was up to $30k invested.

I sold it 5 years later for $17k. Darned recession!

But, as you, I learned a lot. And i owned and enjoyed a sweet Ferrari for 5 years. I also got the bittersweet satisfaction that the new owner also got one sweet Ferrari, that needed nothing, for a great price.

And I could now finally add "Ferrari mechanic" to my resume'.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

OldDemps has the perfect mindset for these old boats. Make it what you think you want. Putter around for a season or two, see how you like it. Find out it's not for you. Move on realistically.

I am approaching Hetek's Ferrari and will need to cut it into little pieces before I sell it. Patty Hearst syndrome. I am a hostage to this thing. OldDemps has the benefit of much more experience with different boats. Still I love this old clunker.
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vashon Island, WA

Post by 11kolive »

One thing we learned after selling our A25 and moving through the next two boats, a Willard 30 and then a Grand Banks 36 was, we had the most fun per dollar on our A25. Great boats and I honestly wish I had one again instead of our truck camper.
mikesrobinson
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ballard, Seattle, WA

Post by mikesrobinson »

We're the new owners of SKOL. Yes after looking for an A 25 for 8 or 9 months and seeing many project boats I decided OldDemps had already done the hard work with the repower.I have been on the other side of rehab and selling at a loss so I know. We look forward to cruising Puget Sound then trailer to California or East Coast. We did travel about 1000 miles on the ICW in 2012 and loved it. And yes we are in the market for a trailer. Cheers Mike
Mike
SKØL 1975 Albin 25 deLuxe #2240
Home Port Richmond, CA
From Orangevale, CA
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I shudder to think how much I will lose when the day comes, hopefully years from now, to sell La Dolce Vita. At least twice the amount of loss Oldemps took on Skol I can tell you that. Yeah, we paid too much for initial purchase too, and what looked like a good trailer ended up needing
extensive repairs. The rest of money spent, including repainting topsides & bottom paint, was normal maintenance & electronics upgrades. Other things like canvas work were improvements to my taste. The biggest items included installing a 20 gallon holding tank & associated changes to electrical systems plus spending $3,500 on brand new Gig Harbor hard dinghy & Garhauer lifting davits. So Mike if by next year you have your trailer & plan to go east let me know. Assuming COVID is behind us by then we'd like to do the Rideau Canal in Ontario a year from now when fall colors are turning in mid September. The Rideau is not just one long canal like the Erie but instead is a series of lakes connected by short canal cuts & 46 locks, 126 miles in all.
We had considered looping all the way around the Erie, Oswego, Rideau, Richileu, & Champlain Canals, but would rather see fall colors & the Erie closes in mid October. So perhaps better might be launching on the NY side of St Lawrence River, do the Rideau, then return & haul out & trailer over to Plattsburgh for a week or so on Lake Champlain, then trailer down to Chesapeake Bay. If really ambitious could then trailer all the way down to Florida & come back along the Gulf Coast in November after hurricane season is over.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”