• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A27 LOA with Swim Platform

Albin's "power cruisers"
jbfallin
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: St Petersburg, FL

A27 LOA with Swim Platform

Post by jbfallin »

I am looking to purchase an Albin 27 SC or FC. Both have the Mfg. optional swim platform. My current wet slip max allowable length at the marina in St Petersburg, FL is 28.0'. Does anyone know if the Mfg Specs of 26' 9" includes the swim platform in the LOA? Also to confirm: Is the Bow Pulpit was included in the 26' 9" LOA Spec? Trying to determine LOA with both Pulpit and Swim Platform. Thanks!
motthediesel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thousand Islands NY

Re: A27 LOA with Swim Platform

Post by motthediesel »

Well, having seen your question, I just pulled a tape on our ‘85 27 FC. Between perpendiculars down from the anchor on the sprit to the end of the swimming platform — a surprising 31’2”!

Excluding the anchor, still 30’1”. Now, I’m not sure my pulpit is original, or that our swim platform is either, but that’s ours anyway.

Tom
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

Damn.we all be ownin bigger yachts than we thought :)
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
Ambler27FC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Patuxent River, MD

Post by Ambler27FC »

Sounds right to me - an extra 1.5’ for the pulpit and 1.5’ for the swim platform. Close-hold this nugget of truth - my slip fees are good enough as it is.
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

The basic vessel is 26'9" from the aft end of the rubrail on the transom to the fwd end of the rubrail on the stem. The Original swim platform is about 18" and I've replaced my anchor platform so not sure what the original was, but my 27FC is 31'3" now. Ben "87 27FC hull #302
Debralea
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Islamorada

Post by Debralea »

jbfallin wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:30 am I am looking to purchase an Albin 27 SC or FC. Both have the Mfg. optional swim platform. My current wet slip max allowable length at the marina in St Petersburg, FL is 28.0'. Does anyone know if the Mfg Specs of 26' 9" includes the swim platform in the LOA? Also to confirm: Is the Bow Pulpit was included in the 26' 9" LOA Spec? Trying to determine LOA with both Pulpit and Swim Platform. Thanks!
Ours measures 17" for bow pulpit and 18" for swim platform. LOA 27' 11". Call it 30'
And ours is for sale. Might be a little big for that slip though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Captain Joe & First Mate Deb
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Ambler27FC wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:46 pm Sounds right to me - an extra 1.5’ for the pulpit and 1.5’ for the swim platform. Close-hold this nugget of truth - my slip fees are good enough as it is.
SSHHH! Best kept secret on the water. My fees are also just fine as they are.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
jbfallin
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: St Petersburg, FL

Post by jbfallin »

Thank you everyone. The "inspector," / deck assistant here at St Petersburg Municipal Marina is a stickler with his measuring tape. The previous guy would take the Mfg LOA. Perhaps a Steak / Lobster Dinner and a bottle of Makers Mark would make the difference!

John
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

A local marina here is also a stickler with the tape measure.

They would charge you for an extra foot if you docked your boat with the outboard tilted out of the water! And they wanted to know if you planned to or not when you signed the dock agreement!

I actually thought once of making a foldable swim platform that would hinge up against the transom, just to save a few feet and a few $.

I'd show them!
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

To further immortalize Charlie Brown: “Good Grief!”
What’s wrong with manufacturers LOA? Nothing less than Gross Profiteering; not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”