• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hull number

Albin's "power cruisers"
Dpetrey2001
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Ketchikan AK

Hull number

Post by Dpetrey2001 »

Ok this one is new to me I’m looking to see which hull number the boat. To find out where and what year it was built. I have looked all over and haven’t found anything. I heard this boat has made some long voyages to Asia and such not sure that I believe that anyways I know there good boats
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: Hull number

Post by hetek »

On an A25, I think it's the number on the bronze plate, under the steering wheel.

On my former A27FC, I think it was the number on the forward bulkhead in the engine compartment.

I think a lot. Can others confirm?
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

HIN is usually on the upper transom starboard side, often just below the rubbing strake.
4” Numbers on interior bulkheads or stringers (usually engine compartments) are USCG Documentation Numbers.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

If we're talking A25s, there is no number on the starboard transom at least into 1973. (Later models may have them, though I haven't heard of that.) The production number, only into the four digit range, is on the bronze plate if it hasn't been removed.

We were assigned a (an?) HIN by the Washington state Department of Licensing which we etched into the Starboard transom reel ofishul like.
Dpetrey2001
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Ketchikan AK

Post by Dpetrey2001 »

Ok I’ll start looking and see if I can find it maybe this is the lost Jimmie Hoffa boat all gold plated as like a limited edition. We will see it has a hard top already and trailer along with swim platform.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

FYall’sInformation,

The vessel in question is an A27, I think.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Need to see pix to be sure. If it is JHs we’ll all know soon enough. Look under the deck plates but have a good sniff first.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

My HIN ('87 27FC) is also located on the hull liner under the galley flip-up extension, as well as on the stbd transom corner. Ben
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

WillieC wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:54 am If we're talking A25s, there is no number on the starboard transom at least into 1973. (Later models may have them, though I haven't heard of that.) The production number, only into the four digit range, is on the bronze plate if it hasn't been removed.

We were assigned a (an?) HIN by the Washington state Department of Licensing which we etched into the Starboard transom reel ofishul like.
My A25 is a 1973 delux and does have a HIN etched into the transom and is definitely original. Also have the metal plate at the helm with the hull production number.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”