• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Help! I'd appreciate a bit o help from someone having an original DeLuxe elec system, or - - -

Albin's "power cruisers"
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Help! I'd appreciate a bit o help from someone having an original DeLuxe elec system, or - - -

Post by NickScheuer »

nearly so. Our 1976 A-25 Deluxe came to us with a 6-fuse system into which several more recent items of equipment had bee added without additional fuses, just piled onto original equip fuses. I decided to change over to a pair of Blue Sea circuit breaker panels with 6 breakers on each panel for a total of 12. New equipment such as our Garmin chart plotter and VHF radio, as well as original equipment such as nav lights horn, bilge pump, etc could all have separate circuits. The project is pretty well complete, well, maybe a bit BEYOND complete. The wiring diagram in my owners manual is not very explicit concerning the switch, which has a dense rats' nest of wires in that area.
In the process of removing existing wiring from the rats' nest space, which of course includes the steering gear and shift linkage, I removed one (maybe two?) for the windscreen wipers. It was long enough ago that I don't remember how they are supposed to be wired to the switch at the helm. I know that the wiper motors are connected with BROWN wires (Albin wiring diagram agrees with wires visible at each wiper motor) and I see where a pair of brown wires connect to the lower pole of one of the six fuse locations. The wire(s) that was connected to the top pole of the fuse is gone, I removed it sometime in 2019.

Anyone here have an A-25 with an electrical system close enough to original who can offer suggestions?
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Additional:

Post by NickScheuer »

If the two-position switch at the helm has a wire of two leading elsewhere beside to the fuse, it is probably still intact. It is a wire that completes the circuit to the 8-amp fuse that is gone.
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: Help! I'd appreciate a bit o help from someone having an original DeLuxe elec system, or - - -

Post by hetek »

You have wipers? And a wiring diagram??

I'm jealous!

Ahem... any chance you could send me a copy of the diagram?
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Help! I'd appreciate a bit o help from someone having an original DeLuxe elec system, or - - -

Post by NickScheuer »

Shure. Email or PM your address and I'll mail a hard copy.
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hetek »

Awesome! PM sent. Thanks!

I'm somewhat kidding about the no wipers. My boat HAD wipers once upon a time but now, like you, I have multiple wires hanging out of multiple holes.

Agreed, it would be great to know where they all connect.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hetek »

If I recall correctly, wipers have usually 3 connections: a ground, a switched power (12 vdc to turn wipers on) and a constant power (12vdc to give the wipers power so it can park the blades when turned off).

Which one is which on the wiper motor I do not know off hand.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hetek »

Then there are the two speed wipers, so... nevermind.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”