• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Boat height

Albin's "power cruisers"
rockycoastcruises
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Harpswell, Maine

Boat height

Post by rockycoastcruises »

I am thinking of buying an albin 27 sport 1986. It needs to be transported on the highway but there's a limit to the height. Can anybody tell me the height of the albin 27 sport from the bottom of the keel to the top of the roof?
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: Boat height

Post by nebulatech »

I have an A25, but I can post a measurement tomorrow from the tires on the trailer to the top of the wheelhouse. Each trailer will be a little different. No doubt an A27 owner will get back to you. The forum is slower on the weekends sometimes.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
obertra9
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cincinnati, Ohio

Post by obertra9 »

My 1990 Albin 27 SC is 13' 6" on a trailer to top of radar dome, so maybe six inches shorter w/out electronics on the roof. So no problem on major highways. If anything the cabin top of the models with Isuzu engine would be same height or taller than earlier models as there is a step up to the helm floor.
Roger A. Obert
1990 Albin 27 SC
Solitude II
Cincinnati, Ohio
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

If you are nervous about the height of your boat when trailering you can do what I did the first time I had to transport my boat. Get behind a setmi-trailer that is taller than you and follow it!
Hull No. 1013, 1971
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nebulatech »

I'm sorry I didn't follow through today, completely spaced getting ready for family coming. I will try to get out there tomorrow.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nebulatech »

The height on trailer of my A25 is approximately 10'4"

I'm sorry it took me a while to get the measurement. I'm sure the OP found their answer RE A27, but I did want to follow through for the purpose of future searchers. Also, if the 13'6" of the A27 is too great, an A25 might work. Of course, each trailer is different, but as long as the keel is on a bunk board, I can't imagine the A25 having a trailer height greater than 11' total.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
rockycoastcruises
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Harpswell, Maine

Post by rockycoastcruises »

Thanks for the information. Of course there was nothing to worry about but I wanted to make sure. It measured under 13 foot and all went well. I had it moved from Long Island, New York to Maine. It left Long Island on a ferry so that saved on city mishaps. Unfortunately the weather in Maine has turned and it is now in the boat yard instead of the water. I'll be thinking about next summer as I do all the repairs and upgrades.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”