• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Da’ing in NY, nearly a trailer wheel disaster

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Da’ing in NY, nearly a trailer wheel disaster

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Meant to ask, aside from the crowds, what did you think of Brewerton? That was to be our launch point for the Triangle Loop. Maybe will be if we went back to our original plan. If you get out that way again the Cayuga-Seneca Canal through Seneca Falls & Waterloo to Seneca Lake is a nice jaunt. Seneca Lake State Park was our launch point on that trip. They had gated storage for truck & trailer. Hard to believe that was five years ago already. I wish I had taken more photos in and around the town of Seneca Falls. Lots of history there. it was the the site of the 1848 Senaca Falls Convention on women's rights & suffrage, and Underground Railroad abolitionist activists were there. Seneca Lake itself is not much to write home about. Maybe good for fishing but I don't know much about that, we weren't there to fish, & there's no coves to anchor in up & down the lake, just the two marinas at the north end, the State Park marina & Stivers next to the canal entrance.
Seneca Lake Map.jpg
DSCN2389.JPG
DSCN2356.JPG
DSCN2358.JPG
DSCN2359.JPG
DSCN2361.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

There is a few large marinas in Brewerton with really large storage yards so i think that is an excellent choice.

The Watkins Glenn at the very south tip of the lake is fantastic. Not sure its worth two day of open water boating to get there. Probably smarter to rent a car and go there and to Corning Museum of Glass. (Im a hobby glassblower) we probably spent close to tree weeks at CMOG. Here are some ”leftovers”. Half of that we probably made in Corning
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Of all the A25's Driftless & La Dolce Vita are the closest 'sisters', one hull number apart. I hope someday we get to meet up. Who knows maybe next year we can retrace our 2015 tracks & cross paths in NY or CT?
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Absolutlely. Any place in the triangle loop is within a days drive for us. Oneida lake is about a 4 hr drive. No matter when it is we can get in a few days of ”formation boating.”
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

That would be so cool!
DSCN2541.JPG
20180627_164424.jpg
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”