• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 Bench Seat

Albin's "power cruisers"
Robtimb
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Plumb Branch

Albin 25 Bench Seat

Post by Robtimb »

Does anyone have a reference for an Albin 25 bench style helm seat?
Is there an original seat available or better yet a folding style that can be mounted to the starboard wall?

sailonset
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Onset, MA

Re: Albin 25 Bench Seat

Post by sailonset »

Our 27 had only a single, backless, seat at the helm. Bench seats are pretty expensive. So I made this double seat with Wise chairs and mounts on a platform of cellular PVC and meranti balusters. And some plywood, of course.
IMG_1103x1200.jpg
The platform ended up not wide enough to let the seats swivel, but they can be pulled out and repositioned. Not sure if any seat can really be folded down (or up). I can slide the seats off, fold up the "leg" and pop the platform off the side quite quickly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

Sold ours to a fellow here with a project boat. We like a pair of pivoting individual seats much better. When you need to access the engine out on a cruise, the motor box and cover are enough to find a place to put them without adding the bench seat to the pile. as it is, we have only to remove one of the pivoting seats with the engine box cover. The helm seat stays put.
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

This link to a previous post will give you some ideas http://www.albinowners.net/aog/viewtopi ... hilit=seat

Willie C also has a good seat system.

In my opinion the original seat setup was a clunky arrangement that made it difficult to access the engine.
Hull No. 1013, 1971

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”