• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Venting composting toilet on A25

Albin's "power cruisers"
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

Re: Venting composting toilet on A25

Post by jerridsc »

Isn’t there a vent hole in the ceiling of the head room that channels to a deck roof vent fitting forward that would work for the Desiccating toilet?
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

What a great idea! The beckson vent-o-mate is supposed to use a venturi effect to draw air in, but an electric fan could overcome that easily I think.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
patclem
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tennessee

Post by patclem »

I’m back. I did see a very shallow hole in the ceiling of the head. It’s not in a good spot. I’ll explore it. I still have fine tuning to do, but I routed back to an above water thru hole for a previous heater exhaust. I’ll try adding pics.
BDE3E454-B8CD-4561-83CB-1F2239C7F18B.jpeg
1A2EDED5-5005-4F12-858B-B89C4D1A341B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
1972 A25 hull #1366
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nebulatech »

Looks like a good spot. I'm hoping here's a hose clamp (2?) under that duct tape. If you have some extra hose, I would make a siphon break of at least 8" to prevent waves from washing water in.

I'm jealous of your cockpit bulkhead. Mine's delaminating and ugly. One more thing to fix.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

Post by jerridsc »

I too like the idea of venting through that derelict heater hole, leaving the head ceiling vent to do it’s designed job. Thanks for the idea.
patclem
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tennessee

Post by patclem »

Nebulatech, it doesn't have a hose clamp. And I don't have any more hose. LOL. Maybe I can get a flapper to go over it.
I called Airhead and the guy suggested I glue a very short section of the corrugated into a 2" PVC elbow with 5200, and same with main hose. Seems cheap and easy so I'm probably going down that route to elbow it in.
I'm still not sure what the head ceiling vent does. I think someone sent me the structural diagram of the cabin roof. I need to go have a look.
Thanks everyone for your feedback.
1972 A25 hull #1366
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nebulatech »

The starboard vent cover on the main coach roof is at the other end of that tunnel in the head ceiling. Provided the passage isn't occluded by mud dobber nests or something similar, its purpose is to vent the head. The original vent covers are Beckson Vent O Mates. They are designed so that a light breeze creates a venturi effect and draws air out. I'm not convinced of their effectiveness, but I replaced mine with new ones, so for the time being, I'm keeping them.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”