• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Interest in a new A25 engine cover

Albin's "power cruisers"
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Interest in a new A25 engine cover

Post by nebulatech »

First let me state I haven't decided to part with it yet, but I'm wondering if there is any interest in my A25 engine cover?

It's increasingly looking like I won't be using the motor cover. Ultimately, I would like to have a flush, watertight cockpit sole with drains overboard. However, if I ever decide to install an inboard, I will need a cover for it. Fabricating a custom one is expensive and time consuming. I don't have a lot of storage space at my house and the engine cover is a bit too heavy to get into the attic (where I literally have two kitchen sinks). I could store it at our family farm, but that requires renting a trailer and I fear it would just collect dust as it drifts into oblivion.

Does anyone have a need for the A25 deluxe motor cover? It's in decent shape, although there's not currently a hinge for the top cover, which I have. I'm not looking to get a lot for it, but I feel like I should really ask something for it, given its replacement cost if I ever have a need. I'm in the mid-Atlantic. Shipping by LTL freight is probably in the neighborhood of $200 from here to the PNW.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”