• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

The fanciest A25 yet....

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

The fanciest A25 yet....

Post by tribologist »

I just saw this on the swedish Facebook page. Albin25 ägare. is it still an Albin 25 or a Albine 265
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vashon Island, WA

Re: The fanciest A25 yet....

Post by 11kolive »

I would love to see the stern view. Nice lines and color choice on this vessel!
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by tribologist on Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Maybe Albineau 270
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 11kolive »

Thanks for the stern shot. I wonder how this extension affects the boat underway?
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Yes, but does it have rainbow alternating LEDs under the swim platform for the all night pleasure and enjoyment of fellow transient marina guests?
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Is that a Shannon 38 in the background of the stern picture?

I would expect the extension to reduce drag because there is no stern trough to create eddies, but also increase drag from more wetted surface area. Which force wins? I suppose the extension increases the theoretical hull speed. The increase in dock fees is probably less theoretical :(

It looks really cool, thanks for sharing!
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

It's obviously an aftermarket modification of the type of A25 we're used to. Supposedly once the initial Albin production run ended circa 1980 the molds were sold to some other outfit that made a brief run of the "Bonum 25" through the mid to late 1980s. We ran across one, a 1985, parked on a trailer at the West Sound Marina on Orcas Island in the San Juans, WA in 2014. Same exact hull as the Albin 25 with similar but re-designed topsides & doghouse. It was closed up & we didn't have a ladder so we didn't get to see what the interior looked like. Notice the lip of the hull-deck joint & different rubber sheer strip. Except for the modernized topsides everything else was pure Albin 25 down to the style of bow & stern rails & teak bar cleats. That particular boat was owned by a guy who we didn't get to meet, but heard it had a bad engine & he was saving up to do a repower. Don't know whatever happened to that boat or where it is now.
DSCN1515.JPG
DSCN1516.JPG
DSCN1517.JPG
Here's a UK listing for a Bonum 25

https://yachtbroker-uk.com/boat/bonum-255/5038
bonum 25.jpg
The biggest change besides the larger wheelhouse windshield & side windows is the shift/throttle control moved over to the side wall and the way they changed the dash & eliminated the handy little dashboard chart shelf & which the Bonum version appears to be make of plywood panels instead of molded fiberglass. They also copied my idea ( vice versa) of a hard top with two opening hatches.
Bonum25i.jpg
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

DA, its a shame you didn't get your trademark paperwork in on time...
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

DA, its a shame you didn't get your trademark paperwork in on time...
Darn. 26 years too late. In our climate those larger windows would create more of a greenhouse effect. The older style makes things hot enough inside as it is.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

Any idea what motor was used in these boats?
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Dieselram94 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:44 am Any idea what motor was used in these boats?
The Bonum 25 came with the MD17.

The fancy blue must have been a non deluxe sine tge exhaust is on the left. Apparently it was hotrodded by a dutch guy
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 11kolive »

I wonder if the stern extension had anything to do with lifting the stern instead of digging a hole when under way. A place in Anacortes builds something for Bayliners called under hulls which added more flotation to raise the stern while underway and created less drag and fuel consumption.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”