• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 Thomas Kinkade style

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

A25 Thomas Kinkade style

Post by tribologist »

Doing a last DA’ing trip from Whitehall Ny to vergennes in lake champlain. Foliage is peaking now.

I will share as we go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Re: A25 Thomas Kinkade style

Post by dkirsop »

That picture deserves a frame.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Its a beautiful picture!
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Had a nice 6.5 hr cruise up to Vergennes. Staying at a nice resort, Basin Harbor.

We nailed the peak of the foliage season this time. We were here a year ago on another DAing trip snd that time we were a bit early.

We got to see the most hardcore use of a travel lift! They were pulling a sailboat out at Chipman point going up a hill i would have been concerned backing down... Got to see a bald eagle again to!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
motthediesel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thousand Islands NY

Post by motthediesel »

No Kinkade-style lighting effects, and not much in the way of fall colors either, but here's our boat at Picnic Point State Park on Grindstone Island in the St Lawrence last week -- a lovely fall cruise!

DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Absolutely awesome! Beautiful photos. It's what we were hoping for this year, although we likely would have missed peak colors. Maybe 2021! Canals close for the season in just 3 days. Rather than looping the canals from Oneida perhaps we should go see motthediesel & launch from Clayton or Alexandria Bay & do the Rideau then coming back & trailer over to Plattsburgh for Lake Champlain.

When you drive back on the way home from Whitehall on the I-87 Adirondack Northway you'll go past Exit 11, the turnoff to Round Lake about an hour south of Whitehall. If you have time for a short detour get off at exit 11 & head west for about 4 miles or so on Round Lake Road to Lakeside Farms cider mill, country store & restaurant. The restaurant serves breakfast & lunch. Good cider & pies. Round Lake is about 8 miles from Ballston Lake where I lived from the last couple years of high school until joining the Navy & after I got back until moving to Arizona. The Lakeside cider mill is just a short mile or so from the house where I lived between Ballston Lake & Jonesville.

https://www.lakesidefarmscidermill.com/

lakesidefarms.jpg
This is the house we lived in through my high school years. My stepfather planted the row of trees along the road. The part of the house to the left of the garage was a mother in law apartment add on that I helped my folks build for my step grandmother after my step grandfather passed in 1968. My late parents kept the house until 1983 when they sold & moved to Delaware after retiring to escape the high cost of taxes & heating fuel. Many's the time I helped shovel & snow-blow the driveway & cut through the snow banks left by the road plows. It's why my motto is "I don't do winters".
hubbsroad.jpg
When I finally left NY to move to AZ in 1977 I drove this 1950 Pontiac Sedan Delivery wagon out West. I had pulled the flathead 6 engine & repowered it with a 283 Chevy V8 I pulled from a junker & rebuilt myself & put a Camaro stick shift tranny in.
Pontiac sedan deliver.jpg
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Thanks DA! We might. Were going to whitehall right now. We were thinking of staying at Chipmans point but the weather cleared and we took the opportunity to go down the river in afternoon sun. I will check out that place and see if it makes sense to go that way tomorrow
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”