• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Boat Shelter

Albin's "power cruisers"
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

New Boat Shelter

Post by NickScheuer »

New Boat Shelter.JPG
My son and grandson helped erect a new cover (tent) on the existing frame for the DuNORD's home storage shelter. The original fabric lasted 3 years (guaranteed for 2) before developing lengthwise rips from end to end near the top. The new fabric is guaranteed for 10 years, which should be enough for us.r
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Boat Shelter

Post by NickScheuer »

second try
Dave & Rob.JPG
New Boat Shelter.JPG
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Looks great!

It looks like you have a lumber shelf or ladder rack on the starboard side of the tent wall. What's that for?

I noticed in the 2nd picture you have 3 supports for your wheelhouse canvas. The boat comes with one. (DA was gracious enough to donate his to me since he has a hard top - Thanks again!) Did you add the other two? If so, any hint as to where to get them?
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
honza
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Solon, ME

Post by honza »

Nick, is that SSB antenna? If yes, what did you do for grounding and how happy are you with it? Thanks.
Jan
Slow Poke A25 #1110
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

The Red Oak arch dimensions were not clear in the foregoing. They measure 1/4" x 1-3/4" x 6' (approx, whatever yields a bit of arch when seated in the sockets).
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NickScheuer »

It's simply a West Marine antenna for a West Marine VHF radio, honza.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”