• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 owners?

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Re: Albin 25 owners?

Post by tribologist »

Now that is a funny way to do an autopilot install!!! I can really so how that can get you in trouble real fast or is the helm allowing it to backdrive so that you still can steer with the wheel?
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

DesertAlbin736 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:11 pm We have a Raymarine Autohelm tiller pilot inherited from previous owners but is kind of funky & we don't use it. What they did was make a short detachable stub tiller that attaches to the rudder quadrant back in the aft cabin that you attach the tiller pilot to. A wired remote then runs up to the helm station. We tried it a few times & it didn't hold course well so we never use it.
We have an Autohelm ST2000 (correction, make that ST4000), dating from 2000. They are very programmable, if you have or free download the manual. If it does not hold course well, then you probably only need to adjust the response level. We find ours to be very adequate and, coming with the boat as it did, the price was right.
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Hey Bob! What boat do you have the ST4000 on?
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

A Seaward 25. Weighs 5500 lbs and has a displacement hull and wheel steering, which is why I think it would be comparable to an A25. Does have a rudder position sensor too, which I believe was an option.
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”