• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Better Days A27 FC Refit

Albin's "power cruisers"
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Re: Better Days A27 FC Refit

Post by Jay Knoll »

Thanks Joe
Hobbit
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pleasant Harbor, WA USA

Post by Hobbit »

As a new owner of a 27FC I really appreciate all the pictures and ideas presented. They are invaluable and impressive.

Thank you!

Mike June
Hobbit
'87 FC
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay Knoll »

Mike June

I appreciate your comments, thank you very much.

Jay
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay Knoll »

sail149 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:47 am Hi
I also was going to fill in that gap with self leveling black 5200 ( yes there are different types) I used it on a non boat project and it worked really well. BUT Smackman suggested on another post where I proposed the filling that I might get issues when the rub rail 'rubs' and needs to slides a little , this would then tear up the filler, flex seal,5200.
Have you had any experience with that yet Jay? I still like the idea.
Cheers Warren
HI Warren, well I guess it is still early days (end of October 2017) but as I was washing the boat yesterday I did a check of the rub rail, couldn't see any areas where the flexseal /rub rail joint "failed" , everything appears tight.

Jay
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

Post by sail149 »

Jay
That is good news! I will definatly get that on my to do list. Thank for letting me know.
Cheers warren
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay Knoll »

Joe has left us

I didn't realize that Joe hadn't been posting here so I reached out to him to learn what happened. I'm not going to go into his reasons other than to say that there are two sides to every story and I'm not going to be favoring one over the other.

I've enjoyed watching his refit, I don't think that I would chose to do some of the things he is doing but he certainly makes me think!

And I'll be checking in on him from time to time at his new site http://motorcityboatwerks.weebly.com

Jay

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”