• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin-25 Windshield Wiper Swing Arm?

Albin's "power cruisers"
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Albin-25 Windshield Wiper Swing Arm?

Post by NickScheuer »

Our Albin came to us with a pair of Wiper Motors, a pair of rubber Wiper Blades, but only one Swing Arm. Are new ones still available from somewhere? Or is an arm salvaged from an old Albin my only hope?
mkh8911
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ashland City, TN

Re: Albin-25 Windshield Wiper Swing Arm?

Post by mkh8911 »

I need 2 also. Mine are both broken. Please post your source when you find them.
denchen
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Boston UK

Post by denchen »

I do not know where you guys are but in England try `ASAP Supplies`. I use them quite a lot and they give excellent service.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

A competent Car Quest Auto Parts store recommended a Rockford Wholesaler having some old Anco stock. They had an Anco 41-01 Arm that will serve in place of the standard swing arm used on the Albin-25. The Anco arm has the usual socket for a 5/8" splined shaft, however, the package contains a couple of adaptor bushings and set screws for reducing the socket to 6mm to fit the Albin windshield wiper motor.

The other end of the arm requires a clip-on blade different from the Albin, so you need to change the wiper blade, too.
OldDemps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA.

Post by OldDemps »

So if I understand correctly, Albin 25 stock wiper motors use / have a 6mm wiper arms spline??? That sounds very small as 5/8 is 14mm~

My 1975 A25 came with one (detached) wiper arm shown in my photos. which may be wrong. I’m not sure what I should be shopping for as replacement for port / Stb arms and wiper blades on OEM wiper motors.

Amazon does have the arm you reference (for OLD VW bug, which sounds about right for our Swedish build boat).

Anco 4101 Wiper Adjustable Arm - 1" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009IK5Y4/re ... XCbDZ9ANX3

Anyone have OEM larger sweep Arm / wiper replacement recommendation??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Currently boatless
Prior owner of
SKOL -1975 Albin 25 #2240
JOKA -2006 Albin 28TE Flush Deck
JOKA - 2000 Albin 28TE Gatsby Ed.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

'So if I understand correctly, Albin 25 stock wiper motors use / have a 6mm wiper arms spline??? That sounds very small as 5/8 is 14mm~ '

Correct. They are very similar to the old volksies. Some have been upgraded, if you want to stretch it that far, to the system you show in your pics. With the little adapter nub and setscrews that hold the adapter to the shaft. Not ideal for saltwater exposure, but it works... keep hacksaw blade handy.

Finding the original blades, which are next to useless, is not hard. Sorry I don't have links at hand. Replacement motors are fairly cheap, and cheap. There is not much point in upgrading the blades without going full pantagraph style. But our windshields are fairly short so not a lot to be gained there. Thus I went to the manual operator on the port side when that motor quit. West Maroon has stock blades in a pinch. They are a bit of a pain to figure out, and then they don't work much better than what you started with.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I believe our wiper motor is an Ongaro brand. I was able to get Ongaro brand blade refills (11 inch but 12 inch would do) from Amazon. Our boat only has one wiper in front of the helm but I'm not in any hurry to have to run wires to add a 2nd wiper. We have a single speed on/of switch as part of an auxiliary fuse panel, seen here as the middle switch in the panel box at left located under the chart table. I added the AC shore power breaker panel and the ProNautic charger, but the three switch DC panel came with the boat.
DSCN3637.JPG

Here's the whole kit, motor plus wiper arm plus wiper blade for $80 plus shipping from Defender.

https://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?n ... 33&id=8098
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”