• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A27- Anchor Platform/bowsprit

Albin's "power cruisers"
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Re: A27- Anchor Platform/bowsprit

Post by Beta Don »

You could go with a bollard (or a large cleat) in front of the Sea Tiger, so long as it's short enough for the rode to go over it when you're pulling with the windlass - The gypsy is pretty far off the deck, so there should be room. IMO, you need something substantial to cleat off your anchor rode to and there's really nowhere else to put it. Your newly reinforced bow sprit looks GREAT!

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

JT, I had the same problem with wanting something to tie my rode off to. I had a very substantial folding SS cleat that I had left over from a job earlier. I recessed it into my new platform (1 1/2" teak) and it works great. Someday I'll get the hang of posting pictures on here. It looks like you'd have room to do that too. It's just in front of my windlass and through-bolted to the platform/deck, with a 1/4" backing plate in the anchor well-same as the windlass. Ben
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Post by JT48348 »

Seatiger 555 manual windlass rebuilt. This project has been cluttering up my shop for about 2 years. I was dreading putting it back together, but turns out it's relatively simple. This thing is impressively built. If you can locate one of these it's worth the effort.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Post by Sprig1 »

Nice what type of finish are you putting on your teak?
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Post by Beta Don »

Wow JT! - That thing looks like brand new!

A bit of incongruity there if I may say so though - That wimpy little bow roller which looks like it belongs on a day sailer with that mother of all manual windlasses, massive Sea Tiger which would look perfectly normal on a 50 footer right behind it!

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Post by JT48348 »

Lol. Yeah I don't think so. That bow roller on there now is at least 1-2 sizes up from the original bow roller. Trust me it's plenty big....

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”