• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Cockpit cracks

Albin's "power cruisers"
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

Re: Cockpit cracks

Post by rnummi »

JT: Did you consider any that were flush mounted as opposed to mushroom? I'm following in your footsteps and have all the drains removed...also read your post about the plastic throughhulls.. am probably going to replace drains, throughhulls, and lines.. saw this in West the other day:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Post by JT48348 »

Those are interesting. But $40/each at a quanty of 6 was reason enough. In addition the flush top has to fit in the scupper molding, and then it's not flush any more.
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Post by Sprig1 »

Sorry to bring up an old thread. But at least the job is finished. I have learned a lot. It would have be best to walk away when you see a boat like this with the projects I have done. But was I that smart no not me. I can do that no problem it want take long or cost that much.
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Post by Sprig1 »

IMG_0859.JPG
As usual I forgot to post picture of completed work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

Post by sail149 »

These same SS drains are under $20 on eBay and plastic as low as $4.50 for 3/4" in plastic.
W
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Post by Jay Knoll »

looking good!

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”