• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A27 Aft Cabin Remodel

Albin's "power cruisers"
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Re: A27 Aft Cabin Remodel

Post by Beta Don »

He'll have the hardtop extended aft, so these will be under cover. At anchor the boat will usually face into the wind and opening the center windshield will sent air aft and if both open forward, they will funnel lots of air down into the aft cabin, where the air will exit through the open portlights - Instant, free air conditioning!!

If I had thought of this, I would have done the same thing. We used a pretty big 12 volt fan sitting in the aft companionway to do the same thing - Funnel air in so it would exit via the portlights. If there was a breeze, we didn't need the fan, since we had the full canvas all around the hardtop, so any breeze that came in through the windshield was automatically forced into the aft cabin and out the portlights. Our 'problem' was getting up in the middle of the night, moving the fan so you could get out to do your business without waking up the other person. Usually, we ended up just doing it in tandem

Those hatches will be a very popular addition I suspect - You may even be able to stand up with your head sticking out while you put your pants on! :lol:

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”