• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Removing A25 from trailer for bottom paint

Albin's "power cruisers"
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Re: Removing A25 from trailer for bottom paint

Post by Beta Don »

I did mine several years ago with 2000 (and many years before that on two other boats) but yes, it's easily DIY'able using brushes and rollers - That's all I ever used. Working time wasn't a problem but I *think* there was a recommended time between the last coat of 2000 and the first coat of bottom paint - They adhere together if you don't let the 2000 dry completely. If you let it set up too long, you have to scuff sand it before applying the first coat of bottom paint

I'm pretty sure you can read all the application procedures on their website

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I pretty much painted over thru hulls except for the depth transducer & sintered bronze bonding plate. Then again the boat.is rarely in water more than 72 hours at a time except for annual vacation cruises of up to 45 days once a year. This year it's likely to only be a week to ten days out to Catalina Island from Marina Del Rey in July.. Otherwise.just a few overnights on the home lake.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Wind blowing pretty good today. I stuck a 4X8 beam at right angle to the keel so when she tips over I have 8" of survival gap plus the curvature of the hull if I can move faster than gravity. 9.8 m/sec squared. No prob. The Starfleet Commander goes away when I do these things, or maybe I do these things when she goes away. It's a symbiotic relationship. Anyway, no movement at all.
IMG_0648.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”