• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

The A27 AutoPilot SportPilot Thread

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Re: The A27 AutoPilot SportPilot Thread

Post by tribologist »

What exactly do you have installed?
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Gutted one of my sportpilots and connected the motor in it to a Lowrance NAC-1 i got on ebay. Works great! The NAC-2 is probably a better choice since it can be tuned more but so far its exceeded my expectations. I running in 1.5 ft following seas and that makes it a little squirmy but its doing better than me..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

Post by jerridsc »

I bought a “damaged box” “octopus drive” unit from amazon for $200.00. I needed a new helm for my A25 since I repowered with an outboard motor. The old steering cable would not reach the motor and new cables, I was told, would not work with old helm, hence the new helm. The boat can be wirelessly steered with “intellisteer” attachment connected to octopus helm and also easily interfaced with any autopilot system. Worth looking into.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Thats the unit lowrance market as Helm-1. If i find that for $200 i snag it in a heartbeat
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”