• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello Everybody

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Lincsoutboards
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Boston, Lincolnshire

Hello Everybody

Post by Lincsoutboards »

Hi Folks, my name is Dave, I have just acquired an Albin 0-11 hooked up to a Volvo Penta gearbox. My usual business is buying, repairing, servicing and selling outboard engines, this one I saw and simply had to have it. I have stripped and rebuilt the SEM magneto, it now works perfectly. I have done the carb as well but have not got round to running it yet but I'm sure it will be fine. Next job is to change the oil, I need to do a search here because I can't find a drain plug :? The rings were stuck but are now free, compression is there but maybe a little low, a good run might help a bit. I am really looking forward to finishing it, I like the brass carn=b body and other bits, it will look superb when finished. anyway, that's me if anybody wants to know more have a look at my website - www.lincolnshireoutboards.co.uk, I'm off to look up how to do an oil change now :-)
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Hello Everybody

Post by WillieC »

Welcome aboard, Dave! I had to use the google to find an 0-11 engine, very nice. How old is it? As to the low compression, par for the course. My MD17C did not have a drain plug either, I guess since they were usually installed so inaccessibly that they figured on everybody using suction pumps IF they ever changed the oil. The vacuum pump left about half a quart in the pan. Every forty years or so you should tear them apart just to have a look-see.
Lincsoutboards
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Boston, Lincolnshire

Post by Lincsoutboards »

Hi Willie, I don't know how old the engine is, I can't find any serial number or model number to help me find out. I will have to rig up a vac pump to get the old oil out, it's pretty nasty :-) I intend to drain it, flush it and refill it before attempting to start it but I think it will run ok. I have to get or make a throttle lever as mine is missing. I am looking forward to giving it a try but I have upwards of 50 engines that I really need to get done to put on sale first so it might be a while! Thanks for the reply :-)
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I am retired. I have no idea how people own boats and also have jobs, and families! I tell my still working friends that I USED to have a job! They visit me less and less. Once I get the boat back in the water, they'll be back.
Sounds like an interesting business. My dad loved puttering on his ancient Johnson and Evinrude engines, I still have two stroke, two cylinder head gaskets hanging on the wall I have no idea what they belong to.
Cheers to you and get to that old engine when you get the time.

Return to “New Member Introductions”