• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Shari and Phil Charnock

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Shariparkhill
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Gulfport, Florida

Shari and Phil Charnock

Post by Shariparkhill »

We purchased our Albin 36 last November in Pensacola. We started out in Key West, but have since moved on to Gulfport, where Phil is working for the city of Clearwater. Our boat is a classy lady in serious need of TLC. We believe she was out of the water for about seven years after a previous owner died, and then sold to someone who simply used it as a live aboard. We plan to restore her to her former glory. At times we feel like we are living the Captain Ron movie.....polishing and staining....... Our boat is named the Cappeddan Explorer (grandchildren's initials) and we are going through the documentation process....slowly. We are enjoying the live aboard life, along with our three dogs and a cat! Any and all suggestions regarding the restoration process would be greatly appreciated!
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: Shari and Phil Charnock

Post by DCatSea »

Welcome to the forum. I have just acquired a copy of: "Sailboat Refinishing" by Don Casey. (McGraw Hill 2007).
A quick peruse and I am sure this will be reference for quite a while. As a relative beginner to this kind of work I was pleased to get a comprehensive, easy to follow set of instructions for applying TLC.

Doug
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the form, hope your rehab goes well. With ours it seemed every job we started turned into three more. Its sure is fun to watch things start to come into focus though. Post some pictures.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Yes welcome and hello from New Port Richey, a few miles north of you.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “New Member Introductions”