• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
oldsailors
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Post by oldsailors »

Hi everyone!

Our names are Connie and Oz Hernandez and we just joined the Albin Owners Group. We are sailors. However, we want to join the ranks of the motor boat owners. We are in the process of purchasing an A27 and getting our sail boat ready to place for sale. We looked at a lot of small trawlers and decided that none could beat the Albin for layout, looks, storage and price. So, here we are.
The boat that we have made the offer on needs work so I expect we will be here asking questions a lot. Our home port is Pensacola, Florida and our handle is oldsailors. And yes, we are old.

Oldsailors
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New Member

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the form, a lot of us have come from sailboats. Which model 27 did you get, year, engine? We bought the 27 FC 1986 with the Nissian engine, fooled with that for awhile, gave it up as a lost cause and put in a factory new Cummins. Have spent the last two years working on it, not very fast anymore. Hope you find as much enjoyment with yours as we have had with ours.
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

Howdy Oldsailors, A lot of us here are OLD sailors. I love my 27FC 'cause it's so easy to handle and 6.5 Kts is flyin' to an old sailor of 75. I'm looking forward to a lot more years on the water here. We're leaving on a two week cruise down the TN River day after tomorrow, so I'll be off the site for a while. Good luck on your purchase. Ben
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: Yes, lots of fine years ahead and power boating is good place to be at our senior age. Have just a couple years on you and going strong with over 50 years of boats. Now in between for a few months but on a serous search.
You will enjoy the group and this fine site and we your participation.
Howard
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard Connie & Oz,

You know "old" is a relative term. You're only as "old" as you feel and act, which if you're still boating that means you're not really old. A lot of sailors who've reached the stage of falling prey to the siren call of "the dark side" and begin thinking about trawlers eventually end up being drawn toward Albins. Especially if they don't have a six figure checkbook to work with. That was us too a few years ago, transitioning from a Catalina 25 wing keel sailboat to our Albin 25. Which in our case wanted to stick with something easily trailerable since we live in the desert Southwest, 360 miles from the nearest ocean. I mean really, a Ranger 25 or 29 tug would be nice, but you could by three or four A27s for the price of one Ranger or Nordic tug.

You'll find a lot of good tips and info from knowledgeable owners on the A25/A27 True Classics forum.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”